If you’ve been a member of the Young Living family for some time, it’s likely that you’re already well acquainted with the delightfully refreshing aroma of our Peppermint essential oil. With its highly recognisable scent and excellent versatility, Peppermint is an ideal option for those looking to create a stimulating, focused environment, and those in search of a cooling, invigorating sensation. Below, we’ve listed just a few ways to introduce Peppermint essential oil into your daily routine, all of which are perfect as we enter the frosty, festive season!
1. Relax tired muscles with a cooling massage
Typically, the words fresh, cool, and tingly come to mind when thinking of Peppermint essential oil, and there’s a very good reason for that. Thanks to constituents such as menthol and menthyl acetate, applying peppermint creates a cooling sensation that works brilliantly for tender, tired muscles. Maybe you’ve been working out just a little harder to accommodate for all the Christmas treats you plan to eat, or perhaps last-minute Christmas shopping has left your back aching and your feet feeling sore? Whatever your reasoning, Peppermint essential oil is a fantastic option when used in massages. Simply mix 15 drops of Peppermint essential oil with 10 ml of Young Living V-6® Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex, or a carrier oil of your choice, and apply as desired. Please note: Avoid contact with eyes!
2. Shake up your morning shower
The hardest part of chilly mornings is often finding the energy to hop out of a warm bed and into the shower. For days where you’re not feeling on top of your game, Young Living’s Easy Breeze Awakening Shower Steamers offer a revitalising experience that’ll lift your spirits and energise you ahead of a busy day. Made using Eucalyptus and Peppermint essential oils in a vegan-friendly formula, with these shower steamers, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy a spa-like experience from your very own shower. Simply place one steamer on the floor of the shower, out of the main water stream but still in a position where it can get wet, and enjoy the effervescent aroma of Peppermint as steam fills your bathroom.
3. Clear up with Christmas cheer
Everyone knows that Christmas often comes with the added stress of lots of mess, but with our handy cleaning hack, your kitchen will be sparkling and smelling fresh well into the new year. Either add 1 drop of Peppermint essential oil to a damp cloth and wipe your surfaces or opt to add 5-10 drops of peppermint to your favourite household cleaner for a surface spray that’ll bring a smile to your face.
4. Try your hand at some homemade tasty treats
At Young Living, not only do we promise our original Peppermint essential oil, but we offer a Peppermint+ essential oil food supplement which boasts a bright, cool flavour and aids in the support of your normal digestion. As Christmas Day approaches, why not try out the following recipe and introduce Peppermint+ essential oil to your kitchen!
Festive Peppermint Bark
- 350 g White Chocolate (broken into small pieces and divided equally into two bowls)
- 170 g Dark Chocolate (broken into small pieces)
- 1 ½ tsp Vegetable or Coconut oil
- 2 drops Peppermint+ essential oil
- 3 Candy Canes (crushed)
- Line a square baking tin smoothly with parchment paper or foil and set aside.
- Melt ½ tsp of your chosen oil with half of the white chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a pan of hot water. Once melted, stir in 1 drop of Peppermint+ essential oil. Pour the melted white chocolate into the prepared baking tin and spread it across in a thin, even layer. Place the baking tin in the fridge for around 10 – 15 minutes until the white chocolate has almost re-set. Make sure not to wait until it has completely set, or the layers may not fuse together.
- Repeat step 2 with the dark chocolate and add the layer of melted chocolate on top of the white chocolate that is already in the tin.
- Finally, melt the remaining white chocolate with the final ½ tsp of your chosen oil and pour this over the layer of dark chocolate, creating a three-layer bark.
- For this final layer, instead of adding an additional drop of Peppermint+ essential oil, crush the candy canes using a rolling pin or food processor, sprinkle over the melted white chocolate and refrigerate until the mixture sets hard.
- Once set, remove from the fridge, cut into slices as desired, and enjoy.
At Young Living, we’re hoping for a magical Christmas, and we’ll certainly be including Peppermint essential oil in the festivities. Whether you choose to try out one of the ideas listed above, or come up with your own inventive use for this fantastic oil, we can’t wait to hear about how this special oil has spruced up the most wonderful time of the year for you!
Top Tip: Why not infuse some festive pinecones with Peppermint essential oil and hang from your Christmas tree to fill your home with an invigorating aroma?
How will you be using Peppermint essential oil this Christmas? Write your comments below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org