Certain chores around the house are less than desirable. For you, maybe it’s taking out the garbage or cleaning out the fridge, but we can all agree that cleaning the toilet isn’t something to look forward to. That’s why we’ve created the perfect solution that will leave your bathroom smelling fresh and clean, using our Lemon essential oil, Thieves® or Young Living Citrus Fresh® essential oil blends.
This recipe for DIY cleaning fizzies isn’t limited to your bathroom cleaning! You can also use it to clean out small-necked bottles or use it as a dish soak for a sink full of dirty pots and pans.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup corn-starch
- 3 teaspoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of Thieves® Household Cleaner
- 40 drops Lemon essential oil or Thieves® or Citrus Fresh® essential oil blends
- 3 teaspoons of Young Living V-6® Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex
- An ice cube tray or candy mould
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine water, essential oils or blends, and Young Living V-6® Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex.
- Pour liquids into a large bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Use the mixture to fill the ice cube tray or candy mould about three-quarters full. If mixture expands and spills over the mould, then gently replace into the mould.
- Let the mixture sit overnight to dry in room temperature. When dry, pop tablets out and store in a glass jar.
- When needed, put a tablet in the toilet bowl, in hard-to-clean bottles, or in a sink full of dishes to help clean and deodorise. Let the tablet sit in a bowl, a bottle, or in a sink for 20-30 minutes to fizz and dissolve. Once dissolved, flush or rinse out.
Now you’re ready to clean without the slightest fuss!
Note: This recipe is not recommended for toilet tanks.
Enjoy using naturally derived products that are homemade?
Check out our latest blog post on ‘How to make homemade exfoliating soap’.
How do you use your Young Living essential oils and essential oil blends to keep your home fresh and clean?
Tell us in the comments below.