Mmmmm, citrus essential oils—we know you’re swooning for them! Pop open a bottle and take in the sweet, mouth-watering, tangy scent.
It’s no secret that Lemon, Lime and Orange get the limelight in the citrus category. But here’s a secret you need to be in on—there’s a cutie in the citrus bunch that’s worth exploring every . . . single . . . day. Meet Tangerine essential oil!
Orange, Mandarin, Tangerine—oh yes! But what’s the difference?
Oranges, mandarins and tangerines have similar colours and are petite enough to fit in the palm of your hand while packing a huge punch! Plus, their tangy, tart fragrance and taste hint that they’re cut from the same cloth. Here’s how you can spot a tangerine from the other citrus fruits—it features a deeper orange hue and is extra sweet compared to the other two.
Benefits of Tangerine essential oil
- Find your focus. Dab tangerine essential oil on onto your temples for an upbeat aroma while you concentrate during a project. You can even diffuse it in your kid’s room while they’re doing homework.
- Massage your hands and feet. Pamper yourself with a foot and hand rub before bed. Two drops to an almond-sized amount of Young Living V-6® or coconut oil should do the trick.
- Refresh your skin. See a fresh face in the mirror after using this DIY night-time face cleanser. Combine 1 tablespoon honey, 2 drops Tangerine and 1 drop Geranium; massage the mixture into your face, let it sit and rinse. Pair this cleanser with your favourite night-time products so you can steer clear of the sun after use, as Tangerine is photosensitising.*
- Seek positivity. Put a drop of Tangerine oil in your palm, rub your hands together and cup them over your nose. Breathe deeply for a boost of citrus-inspired happiness.
Tangerine essential oil
- Blend with this cutie. Tangerine plays well with others and is a must-have in your oil collection. It’s a key ingredient in Peace & Calming, Citrus Fresh, Dream Catcher, Inner Child and Joy.
- “Diffuse” the school run chaos. Diffuse sweet Tangerine with cool Spearmint oil for sing-along road trips or a calm commute.
- Brighten your little one’s life. Dilute Tangerine oil with Young Living V-6® and rub onto your tiny tot’s feet; or pair it with Stress Away and diffuse it in your kids’ rooms.
- Savour the flavour. Add a drop or two of Tangerine Plus to your smoothie, juice, strawberry jam or veggie marinade to add extra tangy flavour!
- Seek citrusy slumber. Diffuse this bedtime companion with Lavender and Roman Chamomile for a relaxing scent.
Which one of Tangerine essential oil’s benefits is your favourite?
Share with us in the comments!
*Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 48 hours after applying the product.