Create a DIY massage bar that’s almost good enough to eat! The combo of cocoa powder, Peppermint essential oil and Cinnamon Bark essential oil, along with luscious coconut and almond oils, is the treat your skin deserves. You’ll have to avoid the temptation to take a bite out of this creamy massage bar, but you’ll still feel indulgent when you add a little massage to your wind-down routine.
How to make DIY cocoa-mint massage bars
Yield: 3-4 massage bars
- ½ cup beeswax pellets
- ¼ cup cocoa butter, cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 15-20 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 15-20 drops Spearmint essential oil
- 9-12 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 9-12 drops Copaiba essential oil
- A silicone mould about the size of a bar of soap with ridges or bumps
How to use Peppermint oil for head tension
- Add beeswax and cocoa butter to a double boiler over medium-low heat until melted. Be careful not to overheat or melt too quickly. Low and slow is best.
- Once beeswax and cocoa butter are melted, turn off the heat and add sweet almond oil and coconut oil.
- Add cocoa powder and mix well until fully incorporated with no clumps.
- Pour the mixture into a mould of your choosing. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add essential oils: 5 drops Peppermint, 5 drops Spearmint, 3 drops Cinnamon Bark and 3 drops Copaiba to each massage bar. Mix in with a toothpick.
YL tip: Wait until the cocoa butter and beeswax mixture is slightly cooled before adding the essential oils. This keeps the temperature more consistent, which helps the oils blend well and do their job.
- Let everything cool completely in the fridge before popping the massage bars out of the mould.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature; keep away from extreme heat to prevent the bars from melting.
Rub the textured side of the bar along your sore back, feet, legs, or any part of your body that needs a boost!
What is in our DIY massage bars?
These massage bars are made of naturally derived ingredients and essential oils, a synthetic-free way to treat your skin!