It’s our 25th anniversary! To celebrate, we’re sharing 25 reasons to join Young Living. Whether you’re drawn by our unparalleled commitment to quality or the opportunity to start a sustainable business, we’ve got plenty of reasons for you to become part of the YL family! Here you’ll find all the facts, from the innovative science behind what we do to the global service efforts of our foundation. Begin at the beginning or zero in on our zero-waste goals—no matter where you start, you’ll end up loving Young Living!
Need a bonus reason to join Young Living? How about this: YL knows how to party! Watch the video of our 25th-anniversary celebration hosted by Mary Young, and play your part in YL history!
Young Living History and Accomplishments
Young Living is the original essential oil marketing company. For 25 years, we’ve inspired wellness, purpose and abundance by distilling nature’s greatest gifts into high-quality essential oils. As the industry leader, we set the standard with our proprietary Seed to Seal® quality commitment. These guiding principles help Young Living protect the planet and provide pure, authentic products that our members can feel confident about using and sharing with friends and family.
1. Founded in 1994, we’ve been an essential oil and network marketing leader for 25 years. Discover who we are.
In 1989, Young Living Founder D. Gary Young planted his first lavender seeds on a quarter of an acre in Spokane, Washington. Five years later, Gary and Mary Young moved their company, Young Living Essential Oils, to Riverton, Utah, then to its permanent home in Lehi, Utah. Fuelled by a growing demand for high-quality essential oils, Young Living designed and built the largest, most technologically advanced essential oil distillery in North America and currently has many corporate-owned and partner farms across the globe. The company has since grown to become the world leader in essential oils and wellness solutions.
2. 26 global offices and Experience Centers and multiple distribution centers that ship to more than 150 countries.
Our offices span five continents, and we have farms on every continent but Antarctica.
3. More than 600 life-changing products.
4. Exceeding US$1 billion in sales each year since 2015, with continued growth exceeding US$1.5 billion since 2017.
Over 1 million new members in 2018 for a total of more than 6 million members worldwide
5. 23 corporate-owned and partner farms.
The Bella Vista Farm is the newest addition to the Young Living family. Located in Reggio Calabria, Italy, the farm produces Bergamot essential oil.
Young Living has corporate-owned and partner farms all over the world, including in Canada, Ecuador, Oman, the Philippines, Taiwan, Australia, France, Spain, Italy, Bulgaria, Croatia and South Africa. We have plans to develop at least five new farms and/or partner farms each year until 2024.
6. 3,300+ global employees dedicated to the Young Living mission, vision, and values.
Our vision is simple: bring Young Living essential oils to every home in the world. Combine that vision with our mission
, purpose, and values shared by members and employees — quality, sustainability, integrity — and you have a company leading the charge of a global wellness revolution.
Recently voted the best company to work for in Utah, Young Living boasts award-winning media, design, and communications teams. You’ll also find award-winning Percheron horses at the Young Living Lavender Farm and Distillery in Mona, Utah.
Benefits of Becoming a Young Living Member
As a Young Living member, you’re on a path to a different lifestyle—one with the potential to earn free products, the freedom to transform your financial future and the opportunity to bring life-changing solutions to homes around the world. Dive in and take advantage of extensive networking opportunities, exclusive hands-on experiences and a strong sense of community.
Young Living Compensation Plan
7. More than 89 percent of our global members join simply to buy our products and aren’t required to build a YL business.
At Young Living, it’s about the people and the product, not the profit. “I want everyone to focus on the caring and sharing with people, not the caring and sharing of money.” –Young Living Founder D. Gary Young.
8. Low start-up cost and no inventory requirements.
Our Premium Starter Kits
are a quick and cost-effective way to set yourself up for success!
9. YL has one of the most generous compensation plans in the industry. Check out our most recent Income Disclosure Statement for your earning potential statistics.
10. Paid commissions amount to nearly 50 percent of all PV-commissionable sales!.
In 2018 we paid approximately US$800 million in commissions to our members worldwide.
High-Quality Essential Oils
At Young Living, we celebrate the harmony between nature, body, mind and soul and infuse it into everything we make. Extracted using various techniques, including steam distillation, resin tapping and cold pressing, our essential oils are the concentrated essence of powerful botanicals and their benefits. Any time you hold a bottle of Young Living’s essential oils, you hold nature’s pure essence.
11. Our Seed to Seal® quality commitment is beyond what competitors and supermarket brands can offer.
Sourcing guides the process by which we obtain essential oils from our corporate farms, partner farms and Seed to Seal-certified suppliers to ensure that our products are of the highest quality.
Science guides the formulation and stringent testing of our essential oils and other product ingredients, so we deliver pure, effective essential oils and innovative wellness products that meet our rigorous quality standards.
Standards guides the compliance measures taken throughout our sourcing process to ensure that all domestic and international legal guidelines are adhered to as part of our efforts to protect plant species throughout the world.
12. The D. Gary Young Research Institute is committed to Gary Young’s vision and drive for continuous improvement and innovation.
The D. Gary Young Research Institute at our Global Headquarters is located front and centre on the first floor. The new lab will allow visitors to learn more about the Science pillar of our Seed to Seal® quality commitment and see the Research Institute’s dedication to discovering new technologies, new applications and new products.
Essential Oil Education
From books and brochures to our Product Guide
and digital resources, we empower our members by giving them the tools they need to educate themselves and others about essential oils. Members and YL fans alike can follow Young Living on Instagram
or check out the Young Living blog
to learn more about essential oils.
Our Facebook page
features Facebook Live events, daily tips and info on our wellness products, and a supportive online community for YL members and fans.
puts YL news, special offers, order history, rank qualifications and team information at members’ fingertips.
Multiple events each year for you to learn and connect with other Young Living members, including education events, the annual European and International Grand Conventions, farm events, recognition retreats and the quarterly Young Living Day events in your area.
(ER) is a programme that allows us to give back to our members. When members subscribe to our ER programme, they get monthly orders shipped automatically, points they can use toward their favourite products, discounted shipping, loyalty gifts for consecutive orders and more.
14. Our Essential Rewards programme delivers members’ favourite products directly to their doorstep each month.
YL members receive monthly shipments of their customised orders. Available exclusively to members, this loyalty programme is packed with perks.
15. YL's monthly PV promotion allows you to get free, sought-after and sometimes exclusive products every month with your qualifying order.
16. Our Essential Rewards programme can even reward you for your loyalty! When you place consecutive qualifying orders with us for 3, 6, 9 and 12 months, you’ll be eligible to receive special loyalty gifts — including our exclusive Loyalty blend!
The D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation
The D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation
is committed to empowering individuals to achieve their potential and defy limitations by providing wellness and education opportunities to underserved communities. We envision a world where children have the resources and opportunities necessary to become confident, self-reliant leaders who can take control of their own health, provide for their families and positively change their communities.
The Foundation started empowering lives when the passion and vision of Young Living Founder D. Gary Young led him to build the Young Living Academy in Ecuador—the first of hundreds of Foundation projects and partnerships — in 2009. The first students hit high-school senior age four years ago. Since then, we’ve celebrated four graduating classes and counting!
18. 100 percent of all donations directly support Foundation projects. Young Living pays all administrative costs.
19. More than 170 charities and causes and over 250,000 individual lives impacted by the work of the Foundation, with a pledge to multiply that number five times by 2024.
20. During the 2018 International Grand Convention, the Foundation raised more than US$1 million for Hope for Justice to help end modern slavery in Cambodia, Ethiopia, and Uganda. Watch this video to see what else we accomplished in 2018.
The Foundation recently celebrated the one-year anniversary of the Healing Faith Uganda Malaria Center and finalized construction of the Yarsa village homes and YL Academy in Nepal.
Other partners and projects include Sole Hope, Healing Faith Uganda, Young Living Academy Ecuador, and Rebuild Nepal, plus local disaster relief and outreach. Click here
to see the latest number of lives directly impacted by the Foundation.
Young Living 5×5 Pledge
Young Living has led the modern-day essential oils movement for 25 years— and we’re not done yet. In 2019 we embarked on an unprecedented program with world-changing goals: the 5×5 Pledge. This pledge will redefine our role as industry leaders and elevate Young Living’s positive impact on the earth, communities, and families around the world.
21. Young Living is working toward zero waste by 2024.
22. 6 million global members, with a pledge to reach 5 million additional homes by 2024.
Young Living truly is a worldwide company. We currently ship to more than 150 countries!
Of the millions of members dedicated to YL, 89.5 percent are Preferred Customers—Young Living members who have never enrolled someone else but purchase product and enjoy member benefits.
23. Five new farms per year until 2024.
Learn about the Happy Pili Tree Farm
and Distillery in Bicol Region, Philippines, on our Drop of Inspiration podcast
! The Happy Pili Farm and Distillery is one of our newest partner farms and produces sustainably sourced, high-quality Elemi essential oil.
25. Five or more new countries opened each year.
In early 2019 Young Living established an office and Experience Center in Bogota, Colombia, and we have plans to open at least a half dozen more by year’s end.
The best reason of all to join Young Living? Our oils are the purest in the industry. Now it’s time for you to discover Young Living and create your own list of 25 reasons—or more—to love YL!