Cold winter weather can leave your lips needing some extra TLC. Start your lip care routine with an exfoliating lip scrub, helping to remove dead skin cells. Not only does this reveal softer-feeling skin, but it prepares lips for a burst of hydration when applying your unique lip balm blend.
Try using a nourishing lip balm that’s packed with natural waxes and essential oils. Top off the look with your choice of Young Living lip balm, Savvy Minerals Eyeshadow, lipstick, and essential oils for pout perfection.
Exfoliating Lip Scrub
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1–2 drops Lavender essential oil or another aromatic essential oil of your choice*
Combine brown sugar, honey, olive oil, and Lavender essential oil in a small glass container and mix until a paste is formed. To use, gently rub onto your lips in a circular motion, and then wipe or rinse off. Store in an airtight container.
*We strongly recommend NOT using any citrus essential oils or blends, which could be too harsh on exfoliated skin.
Tinted Lip Balm
- One tube of Young Living lip balm (Lavender, Grapefruit, or Cinnamint)
- Add a hint of your favourite shade of Savvy Minerals Eyeshadow for extra shimmer
- One-quarter tube of your favourite shade of red or pink lipstick
- 1–2 drops Lavender essential oil or another aromatic essential oil of your choice (add Peppermint for a tingling sensation)
- 1–2 small, airtight glass containers
Remove the tube of lip balm into a small stainless steel or glass bowl. Place the stainless steel bowl over a small amount of water in a double boiler and heat over low on your stovetop until the lip balm is melted. Remove from heat and add the gloss side of your preferred Savvy Minerals Eyeshadow, lipstick, and additional essential oils. Combine well, pour into small glass containers, and then let the blend completely cool in the fridge before using.
The Young Living lip balm will help with hydration; Savvy Minerals Eyeshadow will add just a hint of shine; and your choice of lipstick will give the blend a pop of colour.
Which Young Living lip balm will you use?
Let us know in the comments.