Whether the man in your life lives to conquer the golf course, traverse mountain peaks, dive deep into a good book or make balloon animals with the kids, this DIY men’s cologne will help capture the very best version of them!
Making cologne from essential oils doesn’t require an ancient discovery or a complicated heist. All you need is your favourite manly oils and a few basic supplies!
Before you get started, let’s talk about the notes that make up a cologne.
Usually the first scents you smell, top notes quickly evaporate as they make initial impressions.
Middle notes tend to be mellow and create the core of the scent.
Base notes ground and complement the other notes – these are the scents that linger at the end of the day.
What you need
- Empty 5 ml essential oil bottle(s). Recycle your used bottles! Read more recycling tips for zero waste essential oils.
- V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex or another liquid carrier oil
- AromaGlide Roller Fitment(s)
- One of the essential oil blends below or a custom mix, if you prefer
- Labels and transparent tape, for a special touch
- Add 30-45 drops of essential oil to an empty 5 ml bottle.
- Once you’re satisfied with the scent of your blend, top up the bottle with carrier oil.
- Insert the roller fitment and seal shut.
- Add a custom label, if you choose.
- Apply DIY cologne to neck and wrists.
Scents to Try
We have the DIY signature scents for every type of man in your life!
On the High Seas
For a deep and spicy scent, this rich combination adds just enough mystery.
Channel the great outdoors with this woodsy blend.
A spicy clean with just a hint of sweet—perfect for international operations of all kinds!
- 10 drops Sacred Sandalwood
- 6 drops Stress Away
- 6 drops Black Pepper
- 5 drops Vetiver
- 5 drops Cedarwood
Want more natural gift ideas for Dad?
Or explore even more dapper gift ideas that’ll help him feel fresh and suave from head to toe. Read more.
What are your favourite essential oil blends for men? Share in the comments below!
This post is also available in: French