With the wind and snow swirling outside the window, look for ways to beat the cold, warm your heart, nourish your body and lift your spirits. It’s during these cold months you need to treat yourself to some nurturing self-care. You can’t pour from an empty cup and you can’t be there for those you care about if you’re running on fumes. Charging your emotional, physical and mental batteries empowers you on your journey to build the life you love with those you love. So it’s time to pause and fill your tank with these DIY tips.
- Seek positivity. When it’s cold, it feels like all those simple, everyday demands sap that much more of your energy. What you need is
some sunshine you can hold in your hand and splash in your face. Tangerine essential oil isn’t sunshine in a bottle, but it’s the next best thing! Dilute and put a drop of it in your palm, rub your hands together and cup them over your nose. Breathe deeply for that extra boost of citrus-inspired happiness that can carry you through the day.
- Give your skin some TLC. The cold can be cruelest on your skin, leaving you dry and scratchy and longing for spring. Indulge your skin with this herbaceous blend of Tea Tree, Melaleuca quinquenervia, Rosemary and Clove oils. Or for a change of pace, diffuse Melrose to neutralize odours or add a few drops to your laundry soap to give your clothes a spring-fresh aroma.
- Make an evergreen escape. If cabin fever is setting in after so much time indoors, embrace your craving for the outdoors. For some
instant outdoor vibes, diffuse Idaho Grand Fir essential oil for its woodsy, refreshing aroma that’ll have you thinking of evergreens trees and sweet mountain air. Plan a camping trip and bring some Idaho Grand Fir along. Mix 10–15 drops with equal parts water and white vinegar in a spray bottle to spritz down and freshen up picnic tables and deck chairs.
- Level up your lips. It’s the month for romance and the last thing you want is lips dried out by the cold. Chapped lips make everything harder, from kissing that special someone on Valentine’s Day to simply applying makeup. Buff away dry and dead skin using Savvy Minerals Poppy Seed Lip Scrub so your lips look gorgeous going bare or rocking your favourite lipstick.
- Take a tropical detour. Imagine warm ocean breezes, swaying palms and bright beaches where you can lounge and soak up some
rays. When you think of flying south for the winter, slather your skin in Coconut Lime Replenishing Body Butter. This deliciously thick body butter uses mango and cupuacu butters to give your skin a luxurious, smooth feel and keep it hydrated and soft all day long. The coconut oil and citrus essential oils leave your skin with a fresh, tropical scent that will have you dreaming of sunbathing and island hopping.
- Get your glow on. Coming in from the cold leaves your face red, dry and uncomfortable. Get your natural glow back by washing your face with BLOOM™ Brightening Cleanser. It gently cleanses and hydrates your skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. In the morning and at night, carefully massage it into your wet skin, rinse with warm water and pat dry. It helps to follow it up with BLOOM Brightening Essence.
What charges your batteries when everything outside is cold and gray? Help us all stay warm by sharing your tips in the comments!
This post is also available in: French