So you’ve turned to natural products and have been intentional in achieving wellness without unnatural and unnecessary ingredients. You joined Young Living because you were interested in essential oils as a safe, natural alternative for your family.
For many, those early experiences with oils turn into natural opportunities to share with friends and family. You may even find yourself rushing to the aid of perfect strangers because, “there’s an oil for that”! With that simple passion, you are setting the foundation for whole-life wellness.
Whole-life wellness represents balance in all aspects. Encompassing personal, familial and financial well-being, whole-life wellness achieves a more holistic, balanced life for you and your family. And sharing essential oils is one path toward achieving that goal.
Did you know: To help realize our vision of bringing Young Living Essential Oils to every home in the world, our member base is our sales force. When you become a member of Young Living, you also have the opportunity to become an Independent Distributor and earn commissions. For many, this is an opportunity to supplement the household income. For others, it becomes their core business.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve already begun your business journey, or if you’re still not sure where to start. Here are four essential tips to keep in mind to succeed at building your business with essential oils:
1) Be Authentic
- Think carefully about “why” you’re sharing and starting your business. Let your “why” be the foundation, guiding principle and firm reminder that follows you throughout your journey.
- You don’t have to have all the answers. It’s common to feel overwhelmed by sharing, especially when it comes to hosting your first at-home meeting. If you don’t know the answer, don’t be afraid to admit it. Commit to finding the answer and let people know your intentions. This builds trust and gives you an opportunity to follow up.
- Everyone’s goals and approaches are different. What might work best for some people may not always make the most sense for you. Set Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely (S.M.A.R.T) goals that work for YOU, and be ready to dive in for all the right reasons.
Tip: Wear Live Your Passion as a fragrance every day to help you pursue life with greater purpose and focus on the endeavours that matter most to you.
2) Share More
- There’s no hard and fast rule or formula for sharing other than to do it and keep doing it.
- Using the S.M.A.R.T goals concept, set a goal for how many times you will share in the next 21 days. Consciously commit to share authentically. they will come.
- Successful businesses are built around a strong, passionate, capable team. Look for those characteristics in the people you are meeting. You need strong partners, and finding like-minded people to build your business with is powerful.
- Attend events. Be open to meeting people from all walks of life and share your journey with them.
- Invest in the people you meet and the team you are building. Sharing the Young Living lifestyle is about helping others achieve wellness.
Tip: If public speaking or putting yourself out there feels unnatural or uncomfortable to you, you’re not alone. Give yourself a little extra courage by applying drops of Valor to your wrists and neck.
3) Be Rewarded*
There are certain benchmarks you’ll want to put on your dream board to help get your business off the ground and keep it thriving.
- Join Essential Rewards: Enjoy products delivered to your doorstep monthly with Young Living’s member loyalty program, Essential Rewards (ER). You’ll get access to preferred shipping rates, loyalty gifts, and more. To take part in the program, be sure to place an ER order of 50+ Personal Volume (PV) each month. Encourage your existing and new team members to do the same.
- Enroll New Members: Maintain monthly orders of 50+ PV, and each new member you sign up with a Premium Starter Kit (PSK) will earn you a Starter Kit Bonus of $32.25 CAD ($25 USD) and a Fast Start Bonus of about $32.25 CAD ($25 USD) (calculated at 25% of the PV value of the enrollee’s order). This is a great way to build your team and cover the costs of the Young Living products you enjoy each month.
- Jump to 100+ PV: Bump your monthly order up to 100+ PV to become eligible for all commission benefits. You and your team members who are at 100+ PV each month will begin receiving commissions on a percentage of the orders placed within the organization. This will help position you and your team to earn the Rising Star Bonus.
- Rising Star Bonus: Once you reach the rank of Star or Senior Star, aim to get seven team members processing ER orders of 100+ PV monthly. Maintain or exceed your Star or Senior Star ranking and reach certain sales numbers (Organizational Gross Volume – OGV) within each of the seven team member’s organizations. With seven legs at this level, you will begin qualifying for shares which are a percentage of Young Living’s commissionable sales each month. You can claim up to six shares, receiving a maximum of $64.50 CAD ($50 USD) per share. A monthly ER order of 100+ PV is required to qualify for this bonus.
- Elite Express: Once you reach the rank of Executive, set your sights on the Elite Express benchmarks to help shape your goals and accelerate the growth of your business. Elite Express rewards you with special, high value products for reaching new ranks, while also enjoying the increased commission sales that come with a growing organization.
4) Never Quit
- Visualize your success and dreams, and keep in mind that your habits are what creates your results so change the habits that aren’t working for you.
- Keep learning and never stop working on your own personal development. When you feel strong and empowered, your team will too.
- Reach out and build strong relationships with the members in your downline and upline organization. They are tremendous resources for support and ideas for growing your business.
- It’s normal to feel frustrated at times, but don’t let negative emotions dictate your actions. Acknowledge those feelings, let them pass and stay focused on how you will overcome the challenge.
- Choose to be grateful in all situations. Gratitude is an attitude of positivity and resilience that will help you achieve your goals.
Tip: There will be days that feel harder than others. Diffuse uplifting scents like Believe to move past emotional barriers and feelings of “I want to quit” to achieve a renewed sense of peace, strength and hope for moving forward.
All in all, when it comes to success, remember to invest in people and the business will come. Remember that the journey is yours. If you’re doing what you love and are genuinely passionate about it, let that radiate from you and resonate with everyone you meet.
Which business building tips or oils have helped you in your business journey? Share your favourite(s) with us in the comments below!
*Essential Rewards is an optional program. You are not required to participate in Essential Rewards to become a Young Living member. Young Living cannot be responsible for commissionable income or organizational growth. For average earnings, see Young Living’s Income Disclosure Statement.
This post is also available in: French