There are so many creative ways to use an essential oil bottle. In this post, we want to show you how to use essential oils in ways that benefit your daily routine and hopefully help you discover something new. Check out the essential oil benefits and uses below to see how you can live your best oily life!
- Make your own DIY Perfume roller bottle.
- Put 2 drops of Lemon or Peppermint on a cotton ball and stash it in the bottom of your trash can.
- Use your favourite aromas—like Sandalwood or Lavender—to make a natural lotion bar.
- Add Grapefruit to a DIY salt scrub.
- Freshen your laundry by adding 2 drops of Purification®to your liquid or powder detergent before washing a load.
- Create a cleaning scrub with 3 drops Lemon, ½ cup baking soda, and enough water to make a thick paste.
- Make a DIY room refresher by combining 8-10 drops of your favourite essential oil and 1 cup of water in a glass spray bottle.
- Create a custom beard oil with essential oils such as Bergamot and Cedarwood.
- Freshen up carpet by mixing 5 drops of Thieves with ½ cup baking soda. Sprinkle the mixture on your carpets, let sit for 10 minutes, and vacuum.
- Use Copaiba and PanAway® with warm water and Epsom salt for a relaxing foot oak.
- Get mermaid hair with a homemade spray or serum infused with essential oils.
- Remove the residue left over from sticky labels simply rub a few drops of Lemon into the residue until it dissolves and then wipe with a rag.
- Add 4 drops of Cedarwood to your shampoo or conditioner bottle for shinier-looking hair.
- Make Thieves® cleaning fizzies to easily clean the tub, sink, or toilet.
- Add a fun, fresh scent to your homemade playdough or slime with essential oils such as Tangerine.
- Draw a steamy bath and add 2 drops of Eucalyptus Radiata and 4 drops of Ylang Ylang for a relaxing reward after a long day.
- Combine ½ cup water, ½ cup vinegar, and 5 drops Lemon in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the mixture for 3-5 minutes and wipe away any stuck-on grime.
- Craft some DIY Natural Kids Bath Gel to add extra fun to the kids’ tub time.
- Add a dash of instant flavour with a drop of Oregano or Basil essential oil in your homemade pasta sauce.
- Stay fresh by mixing Tea Tree and Lemongrass and applying as necessary for a natural deodorant.
- Keep your skin looking silky smooth with our DIY Loofah Soaps with Essential Oils
- Rub 1 drop Manuka and 1 drop carrier oil into your cuticles.
- Include 5 drops of Lavender during the rinse cycle when you wash your sheets. The calming aroma of this favourite essential oil is perfect for drifting off to dreamland.
- Add a few drops of a clean, fresh essential oil—such as Lemon or Purification®—to your toilet paper roll. Whenever someone uses it, the aroma will naturally disperse.
- Enjoy a soothing massage with 3 drops of Northern Lights Black Spruce or Palo Santo combined with a palmful of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex.
- Use 2 drops of Jasmine when you apply your daytime moisturizer for the appearance of healthier-looking skin.
- Include 3 drops of Lemon with your dishwasher detergent for an aromatic citrus boost.
- Add Geranium to your body lotion for an added peaceful, calming aroma.
- Combine 6 drops essential oil—such as Lavender or Copaiba—with 1 cup Epsom salt for a soothing bath.
- Make a DIY face mask for a night of pampering, relaxation, and fun.
- Get rid of tough stains with a homemade stain remover stick.
- Use a car diffuser with an invigorating scent like Peppermint or Citrus Fresh to boost your morning commute or everyday errands.
- Create a natural dry shampoo for the moments you’re too rushed—or too tired—to wash your hair.
- Add a citrusy twist to your wellness routine program by pairing a healthy diet and exercise with 2 drops of Grapefruit in your water.
- Treat yourself and your face to a DIY Glow Serum
- Kids will love our relaxing Bath Jellies
Get more insider tips and info with our handy info-graphic What can you do with a 15-ml bottle of EO? Did we miss one of your essential oil life hacks?
Share your secrets in the comments!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.