There’s nothing worse than the feeling of dirty, greasy hair, but did you know that washing your hair too often can leave hair prone to dryness and breakage? It’s easy to keep your locks looking lustrous and lifted and extend time between washes by applying a dry shampoo! Using ingredients you already have in your cupboards such as corn starch and baking soda, this DIY Dry Shampoo is free of harsh parabens, dyes, and perfumes that can damage hair and cause breakage. Cornstarch absorbs excess oil, while baking soda and Cedarwood, Rosemary, and Tea Tree essential oils make hair smell fresh and feel healthy.
You can experiment with your own blend of essential oils to find a scent that works best for you! We love Lavender, Sacred Sandalwood, and Peppermint for their wonderful aromas and various skin-care benefits. If you decide to add cocoa for dark hair, try using oils that complement the scent of chocolate like Orange, Peppermint, or Cinnamon.
DIY Essential Oil-Infused Dry Shampoo
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop Tea Tree essential oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, for dark hair only
- Combine all ingredients.
- Put in a container of your choice, such as an empty salt shaker or baby powder bottle.
- Sprinkle on roots of hair and massage into scalp.
- Leave for 2–3 minutes to absorb hair’s natural oils.
- Brush through hair.