Although stress is a natural mechanism designed to keep us prepared for challenges, most modern lifestyles add more daily stress than our bodies are made to handle. In fact, studies have shown that modern, everyday stresses, if left unchecked, can negatively impact our health! In the third part of my Relieving Stress series, I’ve included some additional suggestions to help you alleviate some of the stress in your life.
Beethoven said, “Music is the electrical soil in which the spirit lives, thinks, and invents.” Studies have shown that listening to classical music like Mozart can help your kid’s concentration during homework. Diffuse some of the following essential oils while listening to soothing music and you’ve created a sensory-nourishing environment for clarity and focus:
- Clarity™ Oil clears you mind and restores mental alertness.
- Brain Power™ Oil clarifies thought and gives greater focus.
- Common Sense™ Oil boosts decision-making ability.
Essential Oil Roll-Ons
Apply Tranquil™ or Stress Away™ Roll-Ons to your temples or neck for a quick way to soothe and relax stressed nerves.
Use the Lucia Artisan Diffuser or apply the following oils topically to help calm and uplift. You can even create your own blend of two or three oils to create a custom, stress-relieving effect.
- Roman Chamomile essential oil has calming and relaxing properties.
- Royal Hawaiian™ Sandalwood essential oil encourages deeper meditation.
- Neroli essential oil encourages confidence, hopefulness, and peace.
- Lavender Essential Oil calms the mind and body.
- Cedarwood Essential Oil promotes relaxation, balance, and increased mental focus.
- Valerian Essential Oil was historically regarded for its calming properties.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil relaxes the mind and uplifts emotions.
Don’t miss the Relieving Stress with Essential Oils Part I and Part II. Click here to learn more about the Power and the Science behind Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
Please leave a comment below and share how you use essential oils to help relieve stress in your life!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
[…] READ MORE BY CLICKING HERE! […]
I am just starting, but I have a lot of anxiety at work so I put on Stress away and Peace and Calming. I then put Valor on my feet. I need all the help I can get. This combo helps a lot.