Relax. It’s good for you; you deserve it; and it takes less time than you think! The key to managing daily stress is to learn healthy coping strategies. In this, the second part of my Relieving Stress series, I’ll share more ideas for quick, simple ways to relax your mind and body.
Taking a minute to organize and straighten your home or work environment will do a world of good to remove mentally distracting clutter. A simple and organized space will allow you to focus more fully on the task at hand.
Take a Short Walk
If you need a break during work, take a short walk outside. Breathing fresh air and enjoying some sunshine will get your circulation flowing and refresh and stretch your muscles.
If you’re like me, free time is an extravagance that you don’t enjoy frequently. However, just three minutes of meditation can calm your mind and help create a more peaceful and manageable day. To take your meditation to the next level, diffuse or apply a few drops of the following essential oils topically to your temples, the nape of your neck, your heart, or the soles of your feet while meditating:
- Hong Kuai, Hinoki, Frankincense, Sacred Frankincense™, Idaho Grand Fir, Juniper, or Pine can help increase spiritual awareness.
- Ylang Ylang helps control negative feelings.
- Jasmine boosts self-confidence and promotes a positive outlook.
- Palo Santo helps ward off negative emotions.
- Myrtle promotes uplifting emotions.
- Lemon Myrtle clears the mind.
- Humility™ promotes deeper spiritual and emotional awareness.
- Awaken™ heightens awareness of your limitless potential.
- Present Time™ sharpens your focus on the here and now.
- Believe™ encourages feelings of strength and faith.
- Abundance™ attracts prosperity and magnifies joy and peace.
- Release™ facilitates the release of anger and frustration and promotes harmony and balance.
- Transformation™ empowers you to replace negative beliefs with uplifting thoughts.
Leave a comment and let me know some of your methods for reducing stress in your day!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager