Thinking about making homemade holiday gifts using essential oils? Invite your friends over for a make-and-take party! At a recent Monthly Education Seminar, Young Living member and party-hosting expert Nance Ciasca not only taught us how to have a successful make-and-take party but also gave us ideas on a “Holiday Gifts” party theme.
Find simple instructions below to make three memorable holiday gifts—Winter Smooth Hand Scrub to comfort skin exposed to harsh elements, Winter Fresh Spray to freshen any indoor environment, and invigorating “The Day After” Bath Salts to use after a big day of rich foods, family, and fun!
- In a Ziploc bag, combine:
1/2 C white sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp. V-6 Oil
1/3 C olive oil
10 drops Lavender essential oil or other topical essential oil of your choice
2. Seal bag and knead to mix ingredients.
3. Pour contents into an 8 oz. mason jar.
Winter Fresh Spray
- Unscrew the lid of a clean, empty 2 oz. spray bottle.
- Using a funnel, fill with distilled water up to one finger’s width from the top.
- Add 10 drops Evergreen Essence™ essential oil blend
- Top off with witch hazel and shake well.
- Spray in indoor spaces or onto linens and carpets to add a fresh, aromatic boost.
“The Day After” Bath Salts
- To a 4 oz. jar with cork lid, add
1/4 C Epsom salt
1/4 C Kosher salt
10 drops Eucalyptus Globulus essential oil
10 drops Juniper essential oil
2. Secure the cork top and shake well.
3. Add as desired to a hot bath.
Give your gifts some pizazz by decorating with string, tags, and ribbon. Place the three gifts in a clear confectionery bag and tie off with ribbon and give to neighbors, teachers, friends, family—or yourself!
Organize a hands-on “Holiday Gifts” make-and-take party with these DIYs using our party-planning tips; and tie in the season by playing holiday music, diffusing Christmas Spirit, and serving essential oil-infused hot chocolate!
What other essential oil-infused gifts have you made or received? We’d love to read about your gifts in the comments!