No matter what time of year it is, celebrating the holidays is always a great way to bring people together! Whether your party’s theme is fall harvest, Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas, hosting a holiday party is a casual and fun way to introduce your friends and family to Young Living. Read on to discover a few of our ideas for a night full of games, food, and drinks with a distinct touch of essential oils.
Party Game Ideas
Party games are a perfect way to bring people together in a fun, energetic way. Here are three classics to consider for your party:
1. Charades: Divide your guests into teams, taking turns silently acting out clues. These season-appropriate prompts will help keep your party on-theme.
- Fall harvest: Raking leaves, acting like a turkey, playing football
- Halloween: Trick-or-treating, carving a pumpkin, walking through a spider web
- Thanksgiving: Baking a turkey, reenacting the first Thanksgiving, making stuffing
- Christmas: Caroling, opening gifts, decorating a tree
2. Musical pass the parcel: Wrap a gift in newspaper. Add several more layers of newspaper with a treat between layers. Pass the parcel from person to person around a circle while music plays. When the music stops, the person holding the parcel opens a layer. Repeat the process until the prize is unwrapped, and the holder gets to keep it!
3. Melt the ice cube: Divide your guests into teams (the more teams, the merrier!). Begin by giving each team an ice cube and shout “go.” The first player of each team picks up an ice cube and tries to melt it as quickly as they can by rubbing it between their hands or their clothes—no stomping, mouths, or tools allowed. Players on the same team can pass the ice cube back and forth, and the first team to melt the cube (or tray of cubes) wins!
Drinks provide an elegant touch for any party. No matter what you choose to serve, discussing current events and clinking glasses is an unforgettable part of any get-together.
1. NingXia Red®: Create your own Club Red by serving chilled NingXia Red along with an assortment of oils that your guests may add to their drinks. Make your own signature cocktail to impress your friends and amaze their taste buds.
2. Wolfberry Tea: Add dried wolfberries to simmering water and steep for 5 minutes before serving. Add a drop of an essential oil (Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Ginger, and Orange are all great options!) to your warm tea before drinking. Don’t forget to eat the hydrated wolfberries when you’re done! To add a cozy touch, try out our new Wolfberry Tea set featured in the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
1. Finger sandwiches: Sandwiches are easy to make in advance and can go a long way when cut into two-bite portions. Try baking Einkorn Flour bread for your sandwiches to give them a healthy (and tasty!) treat.
2. Cheese board: Prepare a world-class cheese board by arranging a variety of cheeses, crackers, and seasonal fruits. Add a selection of condiments such as mustard, Blue Agave, or jam to really impress your guests.
3. Veggies and dip: Is there a more perfect party food than dip? Add a tiny drop of Lemon or Rosemary essential oil to your favorite hummus or dip recipe to add real depth of flavor that will keep them coming back for more. Serve with bite-size raw veggies such as celery, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, and peppers.
Whatever you’re celebrating, diffusing an essential oil (or blend) at your party will create an atmosphere that’s inviting and warm. Here are some seasonal favorites that will serve as the perfect complement to your festivities:
If you’ve included any essential oils in your recipes, proudly display them as part of the layout. This is also a great way to subtly inform your guests which oils have been diffusing throughout the night. You can also keep a few copies of the 2015 Holiday Catalog in the house for guests to look through between activities, which is a great reference to have when you’re inevitably asked what made your party so memorable!
What’s your secret for creating an unforgettable holiday party?