Sylvie Shirazi is the recipe developer, food photographer, and real food lover behind GourmandeInTheKitchen.com. This recipe combines fresh zucchini with the fun of the grill and adds a delicious kick of Vitality™ essential oils for good measure. After giving this recipe a try, you’ll look forward to grilling nights all summer long!
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 2-inch strip of orange peel, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 drops Rosemary Vitality™ essential oil
- 4 drops Orange Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon raw honey
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 6 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and again into quarters
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- Make the rosemary orange salt: Combine the salt, rosemary leaves, and orange peel and grind with a mortar and pestle. Work the zest and rosemary into the salt until well combined and add the Rosemary Vitality™ and Orange Vitality™ essential oils. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: Combine the orange juice, olive oil, honey, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Make the zucchini: Preheat grill to a medium heat. Toss cut zucchini with olive oil. Place zucchini on grill and cook until charred on both sides and tender, (about 2 to 3 minutes each side). Transfer zucchini to platter and toss with reserved dressing. Sprinkle with chopped olives and a few generous pinches of the rosemary orange salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.
What do you look forward to grilling next to this zucchini? Let us know in the comments!