Turn your own private spa or make a gift that shows you care with our easy, essential oil-infused DIY shower steamers!
– 2 cups baking soda
– 1 cup citric acid (available at health food stores or online)
– 2 tablespoons of water
– 30 drops of your favourite Young Living aromatic essential oil (see our suggestions below)
1. Mix together the baking soda and citric acid in a medium-size bowl.
2. In a separate small glass, mix together the water and essential oil.
3. Slowly add the oil and water mixture at a time into your dry ingredients, stirring well after each addition (a stand mixer works well for this).
4. When ingredients are thoroughly mixed, roll into a 5cm sized balls using your hands or a stainless-steel mould.
5. Place on a plate to dry. If necessary, roll the balls again more tightly.
6. Leave to dry for 12 or more hours before using”
To use, simply place a bomb near your feet under warm running water and enjoy the aromatic experience!
Suggested essential oil additions
• Morning Fresh Shower Bombs: Add 30 drops of Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil to a batch for an invigorating and fresh aromatic experience.
• Orchard Stroll Shower Bombs: For a sweet, refreshing aromatic journey, add 30 drops of Citrus Fresh™ Oil to a batch.
• Day’s End Shower Bombs: Add 30 drops of Lavender Essential Oil to a batch to enjoy a relaxing aromatic addition to your shower time.