Winter weather can wreak havoc on your hands. Between the dry heat indoors, frigid weather outdoors, and frequent hand washing to avoid illness, your hands take a beating. Plus, repeated use of soap and water throughout the day can dry out your hands even more. In addition, many health professionals recommend using hand sanitizers. We recommend that you alternate your hand washing with Thieves® Waterless Hand Purifier to keep cracked and dry hands at bay. It takes only a few additional skin-care products, essential oils, and simple acupressure techniques to protect and moisturize your hands, as well as relieve stress you may be experiencing.
- Keep extra Thieves Waterless Hand Purifiers in your car, purse, at your sinks, and anywhere else that’s convenient.
- After you have cleaned your hands, choose your favorite lotion—Sensation™ Hand & Body Lotion, Genesis™ Hand & Body Lotion, or Lavender Hand & Body Lotion —to use as a massage lotion and to moisturize and protect your hands.
Soothing Acupressure Technique—Calm Down and Cheer Up!
- Add 2–3 drops of Joy™ essential oil blend to the lotion of your choice.
- Lightly rub your hands together to mix.
- Find the place on the palm of your left hand that correlates with your heart and massage for 30 seconds.
- Add 1–2 drops of Stress Away™ essential oil blend to the pad of your pinkie finger and massage for 30 seconds on each finger.
- Once you have completed your acupressure, cup your hands together and place them over your nose.
- Take a cleansing breath.
- As you breathe out, say a positive affirmation that is pertinent to you.
- Repeat these steps three times.
Please leave a comment on this blog post telling us your techniques for moisturizing your hands and relieving stress using Young Living products. We’ll give out a Sensation Hand & Body Lotion and a 5-ml Stress Away™ essential oil blend to the randomly selected winners in a future blog post.
May love and joy accompany you this time of year!
—Gloria Russo, YL International Portfolio Manager