Greek Antipasto Recipe by Chef Kate
This antipasto is a great platter to make when friends are dropping by or for a lovely snack on a sunny afternoon.
Basically, use what you enjoy and have on hand. The drizzling sauce adds so much to the flavours of the antipasto and works great with the dips, fetta and on the olives. You can mix some of the sauce with Mayonnaise or Greek yoghurt to create a second dip that’s great for the veggies and meats.
Chef Kate’s TIP: You can use a selection of your favourite ingredients from the lists below. I have used ones I like in the photo. Get creative! You can use store bought hummus and yoghurt cucumber dip (Tzatziki) or make your own. There’s a great recipe for my hummus on the YLO YouTube page or in my cookbook, The Flavour of Joy.
To make an easy cucumber dip…use 1 cup Greek yoghurt, 1 small cucumber peeled, seeded and finely chopped, fresh mint finely chopped (optional), 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 – 2 tsp drizzling sauce, sea salt, pepper, 3 – 5 drops lemon oil and 1 – 2 drops black pepper oil. Combine the ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
NOTE: The drizzling sauce is simple to make and really add a Greek flavour twist to the platter.
Toothpick Method: Using this method helps to control the amount of oil you add to a dish or drink. Dip a toothpick in the bottle of oil and then swirl it in the dish, mix in well and taste. Use the toothpick method for some of the stronger oils like oregano, thyme, black pepper and ginger. If you desire more of that oil’s flavour repeat using a new toothpick each time until you are happy with the amount.
- The amounts will depend on the number or people you plan to serve
- 1 cup hummus (add a little lemon oil and stir)
- 1 cup yoghurt with cucumber and mint (add lemon and black pepper oil)
- pita bread, gluten-free bread or crackers
- fetta cheese cubes/pieces or chunks
- cherry tomatoes and/or sliced tomatoes
- cucumbers slices (or long wedges)
½ cup olive oil
3 drops of Young Living Lemon Oil (to taste)
2 drops Black Pepper Oil (to taste)
1 drop Thyme oil (optional, use toothpick method)
1 tbsp finely chopped mint (optional)
½ tsp mixed dried mint, oregano and thyme (optional)
Capsicum (raw or roasted)
stuffed grape leaves
goat cheese and other cheeses
assorted sliced meats
drizzling dip with mayo or yoghurt
fresh mint and/or thyme leaves
- Prepare all your ingredients, make the drizzling sauce and make the dips. If you’re creating them yourself. Add some of the drizzling sauce to the dips and olives and stir in well.
- Select a platter or a chopping board and start to arrange the ingredients, starting with the bowls of dips, if using and then group each item around the dips and drizzling sauce bowls. Keep the pita bread or other breads and crackers away for moist items or put them in a little bowl or container too.
- Once the platter is complete drizzle a little of the sauce over the fetta and on top of the dips and scatter fresh mint and thyme leaves around the platter.
- Serve immediately or if you plan to serve the platter a few hours later wait to add the bread right before serving and cover the platter and chill until ready to serve.
© 2021 COPYRIGHT (C) 2018 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - YOUNG LIVING