The zesty and refreshing scent of lemon oil really promises sunshine in a bottle! Expressed by cold pressing the rind of the fruit, this bright oil belongs to the small evergreen lemon tree. This popular and vibrant fruit originated in Asia, is known as the ‘fruit of health,’ and was originally used by the ancient Egyptians and Romans for its many benefits. Not only does lemon essential oil have an energising aroma, but it can be used in a variety of beauty and haircare rituals to leave you feeling refreshed and deeply cleansed. Add a few drops of this delightfully fresh oil to your daily routine and make the most of its uplifting fragrance.
Young Living’s Lemon essential oil is particularly special, as not only does it offer liquid sunshine when used alone, but it’s a very important ingredient in many popular blends. Whether your favourite is Transformation or our iconic Thieves® essential oil, you’ll find the bright and invigorating scent of lemon is key to both. Lemon is also found across our Thieves® product range and can be enjoyed in both our Thieves® Household Cleaner and Thieves® Bar Soap.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
Only available for registered Brand Partners. Please enroll or login to the Virtual Office to purchase.
* Prices do not show with VAT when logged out. Price with VAT depending on your country will display once you log in.
How To Use Lemon Essential Oil
Apply to desired area. In case of sensitivity, dilute 5 drops in 10 ml of Young Living V-6®. Please note that it is important to avoid direct sunlight and UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying lemon oil to the skin.
- Beauty: Add a few drops into your favourite lotion, shower gel or carrier oil to balance and tone skin for a supple and youthful-looking glow.
- Haircare: Add a few drops into your favourite shampoo to enjoy extra freshness and beautifully soft, shiny, and conditioned hair.
- Massage: Dilute 15 drops into 10 ml of Young Living V-6® Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex, rubbing into tired muscles for ultimate relaxation.
- Perfume: Dab a drop onto pulse points and neckline for a fruity burst of zesty freshness.
Who will enjoy using Tea Tree essential oil?
- Those looking to surround themselves with bright, citrusy scents.
- Those wanting to boost their beauty routine with a cleansing oil that supports youthful-looking skin.
- Those hoping to add a moisturising addition to their favourite shampoo.
The lemon tree originated in Asia and only found its way to Europe in the 16th century. It is part of the periwinkle family, and the trees can reach a height of up to 6 metres. For each 15 ml bottle of Young Living’s Lemon essential oil, it takes 75 lemons. The oil is extracted by cold pressing the rind of the fruit, which produces an oil that promises a beautifully fresh fragrance.
Young Living farms stand apart in the essential oil industry and set the standard for distilling essential oils. That’s why our essential oil farms play such an integral role in our Seed to Seal® promise, which commits us to providing pure, potent essential oils to homes across the world. We’ve invested unprecedented time and resources to ensure that these standards are at each of our global farms, partner farms and Seed to Seal-certified suppliers, so your home and family gets the very best nature has to offer. The result? A pristine final product that you know has been created with conscientious Sourcing, Science, and Standards—the three pillars of Seed to Seal.
- Latin Name: Citrus limon
- Family Name: Rutaceae
- Growing Region: Native to Asia, primarily Northeast India, Northern Myanmar, or China
- Plant Part Used: Rind
- Extraction Method: Cold pressing
Discover More About Lemon Tree Essential Oil
Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health care professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight and UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.