PREPARE IN ADVANCE OPTIONS:
Option 1: Prepare crust and filling the night before. Pour filling into crust just before baking.
Option 2: Securely wrap individual portions of cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
- 1 ¼ Cups Einkorn Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ½ Cup Butter, chilled and diced
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup ice water
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic (from Jar)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) package herb and garlic feta, Crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar Cheese (OR Fiesta Blend)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 drops Basil Vitality™
- 1 drop Oregano Vitality™
- 1 drop Rosemary Vitality™
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Mix in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion in butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in spinach, feta and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.