Jump to recipe
Nothing’s better during the winter months than enjoying a delicious meal that’s filled with the taste of summer! This easy-to-make, guilt-free family favorite has no cream, sugar, or any unnecessary additives and will still give you that scrumptious, comfort food sensation needed to survive the winter season.
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
1 hour, 30 minutes
1 hour, 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the halved tomatoes in a medium bowl then pour 1/4 cup olive oil and salt over them and stir to combine.
- Spread the tomatoes in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After roasting, remove the tomatoes from the oven and set aside.
- Place the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the onions and sauté until they start to brown, about eight minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for one additional minute.
- Add the roasted tomatoes (including any liquid from the baking sheet), red pepper flakes, canned tomatoes with their juice, fresh basil leaves, and chicken or vegetable broth.
- Bring all the ingredients to a boil and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Stir the Vitality essential oils into the soup and let cool slightly.
- Puree in batches in a blender until smooth or use an immersion blender in the pot.
- Adjust your seasonings to taste, serve warm, and enjoy!
What are some of your favorite recipes to stay warm during the winter? Share with us in the comments!
Tomato soup is extremely delicious and tasty. I have already tried it and it was great. i’ll wait for your more recipes about tomatoes. Thanks for sharing delicious recipes with us..
I am very happy to read this yummy recipe. I love to try yummy and creative recipes. Now I am going to make this tomato soup recipe. Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe blog.
I really appreciate this tomato soup recipe. I made this recipe last night. I expected it to be good, and it was really very tasty and delicious. Thanks you so much for sharing this.
Hello! I love tomato soup. That’s awesome and amazing soup! I just made it today with home grown tomatoes. Thanks for sharing tomato soup recipe.
Hello ! , I love the tomato soup!! That’s awesome! Amaaazing soup! I just made it today with home grown tomatoes and it’s just… so comforting of the fact that fall really is here. Thanks for sharing.
I am going to try this soup recipe – it sounds yummy! I am new to essential oils/Young Living – I have been a member since September 2015. I like to experiment with the oils and my most favorite recipe is:
2T Organic Almond Butter
1T Organic Raw Honey
1 drop YL Cinnamon Bark Oil
1 drop YL Thieves Oil
Stir well and enjoy with an apple or Organic rice crackers.
Hi Debbie! That sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing!
I will have to try this recipe. I love homeade Tomato Basil soup. Now it is time I make my own. I appreciate YL providing these creative recipes for us.
I love tomato basil soup – I bet this YL recipe with the YL eo’s is fantastic! I know what I am going to make this winter on cold days!