Be kind to your hard-working skin! This homemade body butter recipe will leave your skin moisturized and soft, thanks to rich cocoa butter and coconut oil. We love its whipped consistency that goes on smoothly and feels light to the touch.
Whipped Body Butter
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 cup organic solid cocoa butter (do not use lotion)
- 15 drops of your favorite topical/aromatic essential oil (we love Cedarwood, Lavender, and Frankincense essential oils)
- Warm a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, then add coconut oil and cocoa butter. Melt until completely liquefied, about 4–5 minutes.
- Pour into a glass mixing bowl and place in refrigerator for 30–45 minutes to cool and just set but not harden.
- Stir in essential oils.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip until firm peaks form, about 10 minutes.
- Gently transfer to a seal-able jar or container. Store at room temperature to avoid melting or solidifying.
- Massage into dry skin!
** UPDATE **
Congratulations to our lucky giveaway winner, Melissa Furmanski! We truly appreciate everyone that shared their thoughts on what essential oils to include in their homemade body butter!
What essential oils will you try in your batch of body butter? Share your suggestions below for a chance to win a complete skincare package! One random commenter will receive Mirah Shave Oil, Shutran Shave Cream, Sensation Bath and Shower Gel, along with three 15-ml essential oils, Cedarwood, Lavender, and Frankincense! Retail value for these products is $225.65.
- To enter, simply comment on this post.
- Contest ends at 11:59 p.m., MT, on Thursday, November 3.
- One winner will be chosen at random and announced on the blog on Friday, November 4.
- Click here for official rules.