Between a busy lifestyle and the quick availability of sweet and fizzy beverage options, getting enough water each day isn’t always easy; but it is important.
Experts in fields from beauty to medicine agree that hydration’s role in proper physical function cannot be overstated. According to the Mayo Clinic, your daily activities, such as breathing and sweating, deplete your hydration, making a fluid intake of 13 cups for men and 9 cups for women crucial—more if you are exercising or live in a hot climate.
Not in the habit of drinking enough? With a custom glass water bottle and your favorite sweet essential oils, you’ll love meeting your daily goal! Check out our fun, easy DIY instructions below for etching a personalized design on your water bottle. Almost all of the necessary supplies should be available at your local crafts store.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
- Glass water bottle: Do not use plastic, as some essential oils may erode the material
- Adhesive stencils: Find alphabet and decorative designs at craft stores or create your own design using clear laminate paper and a trimming knife or vinyl cutter.
- Painter’s tape
- Glass etching cream
- Cotton balls
- Rubber gloves
- Rubbing alcohol
Step 2: Etch Your Water Bottle
- Work in a well-ventilated area and wear an old, long-sleeved shirt and rubber gloves.
- Wash and dry your water bottle; then wipe it thoroughly with rubbing alcohol.
- Carefully place your adhesive stencil designs, making sure to smooth out any air pockets.
- If desired, use painter’s tape to line the edges of your stencil and cover any areas you don’t want frosted.
- Shake the etching cream to combine contents and pour some onto a disposable plate.
- Wearing gloves and using your brush or sponge, apply a smooth, thick layer of etching cream to the stenciled area.
- Let sit for 5–15 minutes, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Rinse off the etching cream with water in a stainless steel sink, using the brush to remove excess etching cream. Be sure not to use a porcelain sink.
- Remove stencils and dry with a cotton ball. Wash the bottle with soap and water before use.
Step 3: Drink Up!
- Lemon Oil
- Jade Lemon Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Grapefruit Oil
- Tangerine Oil
- Citrus Fresh Oil
- Slique Essence
- Stress Away Oil
What are your creative ways you ensure you’re drinking enough water? What are some of your favorite essential oils to add to water? Share your ideas in the comments!