Instructions for DIY nail polish remover
1. Using a funnel, pour all ingredients into a 6- or 8-ounce bottle with a lid.
2. Shake gently until mixed well.
3. Soak a cotton ball in the solution, then rub onto fingernails until polish is removed. You can also dip your nails in the solution for 20-30 seconds and use a cotton ball to wipe clean.
4. Wash hands with soap and water.
5. Moisturize fingers and nails with our DIY cuticle oil
Why make your own DIY nail polish remover?
While this formula may take a little longer to remove your polish, it’s worth it. Commercial polish removers often contain acetone—a flammable chemical strong enough to dissolve plastic—as well as formaldehyde, toluene, and phthalates. They’re quick to clear off polish, but when it comes to strong, healthy nails, slow and citrus-scented wins the mani-pedi race!