Kids love essential oils! Maybe it’s the cute bottles or perhaps it’s the whole new world of aromas to explore. No matter the reason, the littlest members of the family always pop up when it’s time to fill the diffuser.
Essential oils can be so versatile so why not let your kids join in and get creative? Here are just a few fun ways to use essential oils with kids!
We promise the next time your child yells ‘I want to play with slime’ you’ll be just as excited as they are! Plus, adding essential oils is an easy way to introduce your little ones to aromatherapy. Win-win!
- 1/2 cup non-toxic white glue
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1–2 tablespoons multipurpose sterile solution (contact solution)
- 6-8 drops Kidscents® GeneYus™ essential oil blend
- Natural food colouring
- Add glue to a bowl.
- Add natural food colouring of choice.
- Mix in baking soda until smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon contact solution and mix slowly – the glue mixture will start to become stringy as it hardens to form a ball.
- Pick up the mixture and knead with your hands until it becomes smooth. If it remains too slimy and won’t come together, add ½ tablespoon of contact solution at a time until it is smooth.
- Add essential oil and mix until combined.
- Get playing! Set out placemats to keep things from getting too messy.
2. Play Dough
Kids ready for the next activity? We’ve got you covered; play dough is another great way to get creative while using essential oils.
Here is what you’ll need!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups cold water
- 2-4 drops KidCare™ essential oil blend
- Food colouring
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar, oil and water in a medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes until play dough has reached the right consistency.
- Let cool, then knead in essential oils and food colouring until it is distributed evenly.
- Store in container.
3. Bath Time
Want to take bath time to the next level? Try this low-toxin DIY to create a foamy, fluffy bath! The best part? This kid-friendly bubble bath is also parent-approved, so you can treat yourself to some bath time bubbles as well!
- ½ cup Kidscents® Bath Gel
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable glycerin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Large container
- Pour all ingredients into a container and close lid.
- Shake well to thoroughly blend.
- Add one half of the container to warm bathwater.
At any time of the day, you can have a bit of fun by popping on your child’s diffuser!
Each essential oil blend can be SO different from the other; you can make the aroma sweet, spicy or even soothing – the possibilities are endless! They’ll have a hoot with Feather the Owl, a cute kids ultrasonic diffuser
Plus, they’ll have a blast helping you create new blends and giving them fun names.
Here are a few blends to try!
Schools Out Blend
- 5 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops Stress Away essential oil blend
- 3 drops Grapefruit essential oil
- 3 drops Lemon essential oil
- 3 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 1 drop Cedarwood essential oil
Want to help inspire positivity wherever your child may be?
Kidscents® KidPower™ Roll-On is a unique, everyday blend formulated to help inspire feelings of confidence, courage, and positivity at home, at school or on the playground.
This is a kid-friendly formula so they can apply on-the-go and on their own!
6. Sleep Time
Who said bedtime can’t be fun? Help your child settle in and sleep tight with the power of essential oils.
Simply diffuse or massaging Sleepyize™ essential oil blend directly before a nap or bedtime. Carefully blended with a variety of soothing oils, this peaceful aroma promotes an atmosphere conducive to a calm, restful sleep. Yes, please!
7. Instant Lemonade
Do your kids have a massive, sweet tooth? You’re not alone! Why not switch out the fizzy drink and try this DIY Lemonade recipe they’re sure to enjoy. Plus, you can get them involved in making it.
- 1-2 drops Lemon essential oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 cup soda water
Simply add all ingredients to a tall glass, stir together and voila!
8. Monster Spray
Bedtime can be a struggle for everyone! Whether it’s monsters in the closet or under the bed, reach for this DIY monster spray and you’ll have them ready for sleep in no time. Plus, it will have your child’s room smelling amazing – you’re welcome!
What you need:
- Glass spray bottle
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons witch hazel
- 10 drops Sleepyize™ essential oil blend
Add all ingredients into a glass spray bottle, mix and sprits to keep those monsters at bay!
There you have it – 8 fun ways to use essential oils with kids!
Looking to try some of these creative activities? Check out our KidPower™ Collection!
This collection has been carefully created with your little ones in mind, featuring pure essential oils to encourage feelings of positivity wherever your child may be whether it’s at home, school or even on the playground.