Sometimes it takes some creativity to get your recommended five veggie servings per day—especially when pizza is calling your name and you’re all out of healthy dinner ideas. Check out our easy, essential oil-infused, gluten-free pizza recipe for cauliflower crust to fill your comfort food craving while packing in extra veggies.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
For essential oil-infused pizza sauce, blend: 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 medium tomato halved, 2 drops Oregano Vitality™, 2 drops Basil Vitality™, and 1 drop Thyme Vitality™.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 drops Basil Vitality™
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, whipped
- Pizza sauce
- Desired toppings
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash the head of cauliflower and break off all florets.
- Grind in a food processor until texture becomes rice-like.
- Place on parchment paper on a baking sheet and roast for 5–8 minutes, watching carefully. You don’t want the cauliflower to brown, just to become soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine cauliflower in a bowl with all the other ingredients. Clean hands mix the best!
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet and oil it.
- Pat down the cauliflower mixture until a flat circle.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Once cool, evenly spread sauce over dough.
- Add desired toppings.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
If you’re interested in more essential oil-infused recipes, check out our delicious Cinnamon Apple Chips or Homemade Thai Soup!
What’s your favorite healthy pizza topping? Let us know in the comments!
I love fresh spinach, mushrooms and fresh garlic.
I love zucchini, onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, spinach. Actually, whatever veggie you choose to toss on a pizza works for me!
I love ALL veggies on my pizza, but green and black olives are at the top of my list. YUM, I will be trying this recipe this weekend!
red peppers and onions
Olives and mushrooms and pepperoni!
Onions really flavor a pizza…. I love all veggies but really love onions on my pizza.
Spinach and olives
How many calories are in the oils
Hi Mike, We do not test the essential oils for calorie content as we expect the amounts to be negligible. Thanks for stopping by!