When it comes to diluting essential oils for kids, it’s best to stay on the safe side. These essential oil dilution ratios utilizing carrier oils are a great starting point for sharing the many benefits of essential oils with your precious tiny tots. Follow the essential oil blending chart below for our recommendations:
Essential oil safety tips for kids and babies
Being extra careful around your little ones can help ease some stress. Follow these five tips for using essential oils safely:*
- Consult a health professional before administering oils, especially if your baby or child is sick.
- To avoid sensitive little noses, dilute a small amount of oil in an ultrasonic diffuser like our Dolphin Reef Diffuser next to cribs and play areas.
- Babies love to splash during bath time; avoid adding oils in their tub, so they don’t ingest or get any of it in their eyes.
- Wear essential oils on your skin to help your kids acclimate to the fragrance.
- Heavily dilute a new essential oil following the guide above and perform a spot test on your child’s arm or leg. If no reaction occurs after several minutes, the oil is probably okay to use.
*Follow the label directions and then dilute according to age.
YL tip: Keep your kids smiling with our KidScents® line of essential oil blends specially formulated just for them!
For more information on using essential oils safely, visit Essential Oils in the Nursery and 6 Best Diffuser Blends for Kids!
Leave A Comment