Einkorn Tortillas Recipe
- 2 cups Gary’s True Grit™ Einkorn Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in oil and combine. Mixture should resemble coarse cornmeal.
- Add water and mix until dough holds together. Dough should feel sticky.
- Cover dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal ball-shaped pieces.
- On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to flatten and stretch each ball of dough into a circle, about 7 inches across.
- Heat an ungreased skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place dough circle in skillet and cook until brown spots begin to appear.
- Flip and do the same on the other side.
- Keep cooked tortillas covered with a clean, dry towel until ready to serve.
- For a customized flavor, add 1–2 drops of your favorite Vitality™ essential oil to the water. We suggest Oregano Vitality, Black Pepper Vitality, or Lime Vitality.
COPYRIGHT (C) 2017 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - YOUNG LIVING