Einkorn Biscuits Recipe By Heidi Ellis
Category Vitality Recipes
- 2 cups Gary’s True Grit™ Einkorn Flour
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup cold butter
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add butter and use a pastry cutter to break into small pieces as quickly as possible so butter does not melt. Mixture should resemble coarse meal.
- Add honey to milk and mix thoroughly. Gradually stir milk mixture into flour mixture, until dough pulls away from side of bowl.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead 10–15 times. Roll out dough into a 1-inch thick sheet and cut with a cookie cutter or large upside-down glass. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Brush off the excess flour and place biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 13–15 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
I fixed these this morning and they were delicious. I usually don’t eat anything with Gluten but these didn’t seem to bother me. I love them!❤️❤️❤️