Our mind creates powerful connections between scent and our emotions, surroundings, and memories. Diffusing essential oils is a simple but effective way to access those connections. It can also help build new and positive memories and experiences.
Because diffusion distributes essential oil molecules into the air so effectively, it is an excellent way to maximize the beneficial properties of essential oils. There are lots of different ways to diffuse, so let’s talk about the most effective methods. It’s important to note that overheating essential oils using aroma lamps or candles can render the oils less beneficial, so we’ll focus on different cold-air diffusion methods.
You may simply open a bottle of essential oil and inhale or put a few drops of oil on the palm of your hand, rub your hands together, and then cup your hands over your nose and mouth and inhale. You can even add a few drops of oil to a bowl of hot (not boiling) water and inhale the vapor.
Young Living’s Travel Fan Diffuser introduces convenience and portability to essential oil diffusion. The Travel Fan diffuses by blowing cool air through the essential oil pad, releasing beneficial essential oil molecules into the air.
Ultrasonic diffusion combines the advantages of a humidifier, air purifier, atomizer, and aromatherapy diffuser into one by breaking a mixture of essential oils and water into millions of microparticles and dispersing them into the air. Young Living has several ultrasonic diffusers with features our members love, such as:
- The new Rainstone™ Diffuser: Beautifully designed with a robust feature set including 1, 2, 3, 6, and 8 hour settings with automatic shutoff; 5 soft LED light settings (blue, yellow, purple, alternating each color, and off); a negative ionizer; and a remote control.
- USB Orb™ Diffuser: Small, new, and easily portable with an egg-shaped design, it is spill proof, making it ideal for the car, office, or at home.
- Bamboo™ Diffuser: Elegant design, LED light, and timer settings for 1–4 hours of continuous diffusion.
- Home Diffuser: Ambient light control, settings for alternating on/off or continuous diffusion, and automatic shutoff.
- Aria™ Ultrasonic Diffuser: Elegant and décor-friendly design, multicolored LED lights, remote control, built-in speakers, ambient music, and audio input.
Atomizing technology transforms essential oils into a vapor of millions of microparticles, dispersing the powerful, undiluted plant constituents found in Young Living essential oils into the air with no water added. Young Living’s new AromaLux™ Atomizing Diffuser includes an array of features and settings, including our highest vapor output, our most customizable volume and run time settings (with automatic shutoff), and a quiet motor.
What’s your favorite Young Living diffuser? Share how you diffuse your favorite blends in the comments!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Manager