Slip into crisp, clean sheets, crack open a new novel, and set the stage for drifting into dreamland. Slipping into slumber can be easy, thanks to the calming and relaxing aromas of the right essential oils. When it’s time to go to sleep, these essential oils are the best to have around for transforming your bedroom into a tranquil haven for rest.
Lavender essential oil
Like a gentle breeze over blooming fields, Lavender essential oil is calming and fresh. It’s the ideal companion for bed linens and one of the best essential oils to apply before you go to sleep, as its soothing aroma is mild and relaxing.
- Try Lavender essential oil applied to the bottom of your feet before bed, or mix the oil in a spray bottle with distilled water and spritz it on your pillow. The sweet, floral aroma is a great cue to your mind and body that it’s time to settle down.
- Diffuse the Dream Blend 30 minutes before bedtime to help you unwind and relax.
5 drops Lavender essential oil
4 drops Cedarwood essential oil
1 drop Vetiver essential oil
Frankincense essential oil
Transform your nightly routine into a moment of calm and focus by integrating Frankincense essential oil. Complex and woodsy, Frankincense is one of the best essential oils available for creating a peaceful and meditative space. When used topically, your beauty routine becomes more intentional, and you are able to give your skin the love and care it deserves.
- Highlight your natural beauty by creating a custom moisturizer when you add Frankincense essential oil to your night cream.
- Create calm and focus as you clear your head before rest by diffusing Frankincense essential oil during bedtime meditation practice.
Vetiver essential oil
This powerful oil can be intimidating, with a complex aroma and a thicker texture than most essential oils; however, with Vetiver essential oil by your bedside, you’ll soon realize that it’s one of the best oils you can integrate into your nighttime routine.
- If you put on lotion before bed, add something new to the process. Combine a few drops of Vetiver oil with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and massage into your feet for a deeply calming moisturizing moment.
- Create the perfect ambiance for relaxation by using the Serenity Diffuser Blend while you read before dozing off.
Serenity Diffuser Blend
3 drops Vetiver essential oil
5 drops Lavender essential oil
2 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
Don’t go to sleep with tense muscles; it’s a near guarantee for a cranky morning. If you’ve accidentally read until the wee hours of the morning, or, whoops, watched a few too many episodes of your favorite show on your laptop, your neck and shoulders are likely in need of a mini massage. Keeping Deep Relief® Roll-On nearby eliminates the need to hop out of bed for relief.
- Use the cooling sensation of the Deep Relief essential oil blend, combined with the roll-on applicator, to pinpoint muscles that need extra attention. The base of the skull, neck, and shoulders can always use a little extra love.
Lemon essential oil
By now you’ve heard the benefits of using Lemon essential oil to refresh and clean, but have you considered the benefits it could offer kept near your bedside?
- Try using Lemon essential oil in your nightly beauty routine. This oil is one of the best for helping to reduce the appearance of blemishes. You can also try adding it to your conditioners and hair masks, as it’s one of the best essential oils for making your locks look smoother and shinier!
- Instead of diffusing something sleepy, prep your diffuser for the morning! When you’re tempted to hit the snooze button, turn your diffuser on with this peppy blend instead.
Rise & Shine
3 drops Lemon essential oil
4 drops Peppermint essential oil