With its warm, rich and slightly sweet aroma, vanilla is one of the most popular and recognizable fragrances throughout the world. Young Living’s exclusive Vanilla oleoresin has a gentle, welcoming personality with a balancing aroma that evokes pleasant memories when applied topically. It also enhances and complements a wide variety of other aromas. Apply naturally-derived Vanilla to create a comforting, welcoming feeling and to enjoy its naturally calming aroma. Blend or layer it with your favourite Young Living essential oils to create your own personal fragrance.
Extracted from beans grown in the north-western region of Madagascar, our ethically sourced, pure Vanilla oleoresin is a semi-solid concentrate made by a unique extraction method developed only for Young Living. This process helps our Vanilla retain its rich, classic aroma and blend especially well with Young Living essential oils. Obtaining just the right Vanilla oleoresin involves extracting the pure vanilla from the bean with naturally-sourced ethyl alcohol from French sugar beets, then removing the alcohol, at which point the product is processed with fractionated coconut oil. While many vanilla products on the market are synthetic, Young Living Vanilla is pure and quality tested to meet our rigorous Seed to Seal® quality commitment.
- Properties: A rich, creamy and sweet aroma, providing a balanced feel, and bringing back fond memories.
- Perfect for: Not only does Vanilla smell amazing, but you can apply it topically to skin and hair to help condition and moisturise.
- Blends beautifully with: Cinnamon Bark, Ylang Ylang and Orange for vibrancy or with Bergamot and Lemon to bring a spa-like atmosphere to your home.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
Only available for registered Brand Partners. Please enroll or login to the Virtual Office to purchase.
* Prices do not show with VAT when logged out. Price with VAT depending on your country will display once you log in.
How To Use Vanilla oleoresin
Topical: Apply to desired area. In case of sensitivity, dilute as needed in Young Living V-6® Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex.
- Inhale: For a reassuring and comforting moment during the day.
- Beauty: Add to your favourite creams to bring sweet-smelling conditioning.
- Bathing: Enjoy a welcoming aromatic experience at the end of the day.
- Perfume: Apply to your neck or wrists to create a soft personal vanilla fragrance or blend with your favourite oils for a personalised aroma.
Who will enjoy using Vanilla?
- Those curious to try DIY blends, to mix Vanilla with essential oils
- Those who love to wear and share a comforting, familiar aroma
- Those who wish to enhance their bath time and add to body lotions
Vanilla is produced from Vanilla planifolia, an orchid that grows long vanilla bean pods. The process of obtaining Vanilla is extensive, as it can take up to four years for the vine to mature. The vine produces orchid blossoms that last only 24 hours and must be pollinated by hand within 8 to 12 hours for the bean pod to grow. The entire process—growing, pollinating, drying, curing and preparing for export—takes around one year.
Extracted from beans grown in the northwestern region of Madagascar, Young Living’s Vanilla oleoresin is distinctive due to its unique extraction method, created by Young Living, that helps it blend well with essential oils, unlike traditional vanilla extracts.
Young Living farms stand apart in the essential oil industry and set the standard for distilling essential oils. That’s why our essential oil farms play such an integral role in our Seed to Seal® promise, which commits us to providing pure, potent essential oils to homes across the world. We’ve invested unprecedented time and resources to ensure that these standards are at each of our global farms, partner farms and Seed to Seal-certified suppliers, so your home and family gets the very best nature has to offer. The result? A pristine final product that you know has been created with conscientious Sourcing, Science, and Standards—the three pillars of Seed to Seal.
- Latin Name: Vanilla planifolia
- Family Name: Orchidaceae
- Growing Region: Madagascar
- Plant Part Used: Vanilla Bean Pods
- Extraction Method: Young Living developed a unique extraction method, extracting the pure vanilla from the bean with naturally-sourced ethyl alcohol from French sugar beets, then removing the alcohol, at which point the product is processed with fractionated coconut oil.
Discover More About Vanilla
Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.