Few spices are as comforting and delicious as cinnamon. In Western cultures, cinnamon has always been associated with the comforts of home, evoking fond memories of Grandma’s freshly baked apple pie, cinnamon rolls, stick-to-your-ribs warm cereal, holiday eggnog and cider.
In Eastern countries, cinnamon is often associated with spicy or savoury dishes such as Indian curry, thick soups and delicious stews made of chicken or lamb. Young Living’s Cinnamon Bark+ makes a versatile addition to classic dishes and sweet desserts, enhancing traditional recipes from across the country and around the world.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
These products are only available to purchase by Young Living members. To become a Young Living member click on the "Become a Member" link at the top of this page.
* All prices shown include VAT. Shipping charges not included.
For 25 years our Seed to Seal® quality commitment has been both a promise to you and a reflection of our sense of global stewardship and accountability. We believe you want only the best for your family and yourself—products that are genuine, free from harmful synthetics, and of unmatched purity. Our proprietary Seed to Seal promise is our pledge to you, the earth, and ourselves that Young Living products will be the best available, now and always.
Seed to Seal and its three pillars—Sourcing, Science, and Standards—are infused into every aspect of our exacting essential oil production processes, both on our own farms and our carefully curated family of partner farms. Seed to Seal is infused into our painstaking quality testing and retesting to ensure that your family enjoys the purest essential oil products on the planet. Ultimately, Seed to Seal is infused into everything we do. We know that for us—and for you—simply nothing else will do.
How to Use
- Add a drop or two of Cinnamon Bark+ to a cup of chai tea or hot water or add it to your NingXia Red® shot, turning it into a “Hot Shot” of flavour.
- Take your fruit smoothie or green drink to a sweet new level with a drop of Cinnamon Bark+ and benefit from its rich flavour.
- Use a drop in hot cereal to spice it up with flavour and additional warmth.
- Add 1 drop of Cinnamon Bark+ to apple pie filling or on top of apple crumble.
- Elevate a hot cider with 1-2 drops of Cinnamon Bark+ for a complementary burst of flavour.
- Add a drop to pancakes or waffles or infuse additional flavour in whipped cream before topping off a pie.
- Swirl a toothpick of Cinnamon Bark+ into eggnog for a festive and flavourful drink.
- Substitute Cinnamon Bark+ in any recipe that calls for ground cinnamon. Due to its high potency, start by dipping a toothpick in the oil and swirling it through the ingredients for a lighter cinnamon flavour in your dish. Add more as desired.
- Baked Apple Streusel: Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a pie pan or baking dish with nonstick spray. Combine ½ cup each of rolled oats, flour and brown sugar in a bowl. Cut in 6 tablespoons of cold butter creating a crumbly mixture (or put these ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is crumbly.) Add 1 drop of Young Living Cinnamon Bark+, 1 drop of Ginger+ and a dash of nutmeg seasoning to the dry streusel ingredients, along with ½ cup of dried fruits (dates, raisins or cranberries). Blend well and refrigerate. Slice off a small portion of the bottom of 4 apples creating a flat edge so that the apples can sit up in the baking dish. Core the apples without cutting all the way to the bottom. Use a paring knife and spoon to carve out all the stiff center portion and seeds. Spoon refrigerated streusel mixture into each apple. Pack it down and allow it to overflow onto the top of the apples. Bake for 40 minutes. The apples should be tender. Cool 15 minutes before serving. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipping cream.
Be sure to check out our blog for more tips and recipes on cooking with essential oils.
Cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum)† bark oil
†100% pure, YLTG essential oil