Sponsor: Young Living Canada, Suite 350, 7326 - 10th Street N.E., Calgary, Alberta T2E 8W1
By participating, you (“entrant” or “you”) agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
Promotional period: Eligible entries are accepted between March 27, 2017 and 10 a.m. MST, March 31, 2017.
The eligible comment that receives the most number of likes by 10 a.m. MST March 31, 2017 will win all four oils.
Comments must be compliant with the approved claims and uses for these Natural Health Products (NHPs). Non-compliant comments will not be considered an eligible entry, and will be hidden from the post. Please refer to the product pages and labels to ensure your comment remains compliant with Young Living Canada’s Policies and Procedures and federal regulations.
Prize: Cough and cold relief combo that includes: Lavender 15 ml, Lemon 15 ml, Marjoram 15 ml and Lime 15 ml, an estimated retail value of $134.54 CAD.
Winner will be announced on our Facebook page and contacted directly on Friday, March 31, 2017.
1. DESCRIPTION. Sponsor is conducting promotions (each, a “Promotion”) through the social media on either Sponsor’s Facebook page located at https://www.facebook.com/YoungLivingCanada (“Facebook”) or Instagram page located at https://instagram.com/YoungLivingeoCanada/ with username YoungLivingeoCanada (“Instagram”), where each Promotion will entail either a random drawing from the eligible entries collected (each, a “Sweepstakes Promotion”) or judging eligible entries (each, a “Contest Promotion”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. Promotions are open to residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority for the Province where they live at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and immediate family members of such individuals (defined as parent, child, sibling, spouse), are not eligible to participate in any Promotion or win a prize. The Promotions are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Internet access required. For each Promotion, Sponsor will provide the basic details and requirements for entry by posting an announcement on one of the social media sites listed in section 1 of these rules (“Entry Announcement”). An Entry Announcement will include basic promotional information like, start date, end date, retail value, products offered, how to enter, etc., and will refer to this Official Rules Document for complete details on how to enter, the judging criteria employed to choose a winner, and any other relevant details. Entries requiring the use of a hashtag must be submitted from public social media profiles in order to be eligible for Sponsor judges to access and review submissions; content submitted from a private profile is not accessible and therefore, not considered a valid entry.
All requirements listed in the applicable Entry Announcement and these Official Rules must be completed in full for an entry to be considered valid. Any attempted form of entry other than as described in the applicable Entry Announcement is void. Entries must be received by the time indicated in the applicable Entry Announcement.
4. WINNER SELECTION.
4.1. Sweepstakes Promotion. On the Drawing Date set forth in an Entry Announcement, Sponsor shall conduct a random drawing to select one (1) potential winner for the applicable Sweepstakes Promotion from all eligible entries received during such Sweepstakes Promotion period.
A skill test will also be required of a potential winner, and must be answered correctly to win. The Sponsor will contact the qualifier by email, or through the social media platform requesting completion of the skill test to claim their prize. Skill tests are generally simple math problems. In the event the skill test is not completed or is answered incorrectly, a second random drawing will be conducted to select another potential winner who will be asked to complete a skill test.
4.2. Contest Promotion. After the conclusion of a Contest Promotion period, a panel of Sponsor judges shall select one (1) potential winner for the applicable Contest Promotion using the judging criteria set forth in the Entry Announcement.
A skill test will also be required of a potential winner, and must be answered correctly to win. The Sponsor will contact the qualifier by email, or through the social media platform requesting completion of the skill test to claim their prize. Skill tests are generally simple math problems. In the event the skill test is not completed or is answered incorrectly, the runner-up will be contacted and asked to complete a skill test.
4.3. Giveaway Promotion. After the conclusion of a Giveaway Promotion, the Sponsor will review all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Promotion period to determine the winning entry. The winning entry is determined by the highest total number of "Likes" on a particular Instagram/Facebook comment/photo for entry. Of all valid entries, the entry (i.e. Photo submission or leave a comment) that receives the highest total number of "Likes" at the time of Promotion ending will be selected as the winner.
5. PRIZES. Each Entry Announcement posted in connection with a Promotion will provide a description of the prize(s) to be awarded in connection with such Promotion. The ARV of the prize(s) will be included in the Entry Announcement. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for and the winners will not receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of a prize at the time of award and the ARV stated in an Entry Announcement. All federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the winner’s responsibility, regardless of whether the prize is used in whole or in part.
6. ODDS OF WINNING A SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTION. In a Sweepstakes Promotion, the odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE. The potential winner of a Promotion will be notified by email, social media, or as otherwise described in the Entry Announcement, promptly after the Drawing Date or the conclusion of judging in order to obtain a current mailing address for delivery of his/her prize. Sponsor may request and potential winners agree to provide an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues, unless prohibited by law. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines to accept the prize, or if Sponsor does not receive a return email from a potential winner with a delivery address in a timely manner after notification, or if a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified and his/her prize forfeited without compensation of any kind, and Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner from among the remaining eligible entries (by a random drawing in a Sweepstakes Promotion or by a second highest score awarded by judges in a Contest Promotion).
8. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY. By entering a Promotion, you represent and warrant that you are the creator of any content included in the entry that you submit in association with the Promotion, and you grant to Sponsor an irrevocable, royalty-free, transferrable, sub-licensable, worldwide license in perpetuity to use, copy, reproduce, modify, publish, display, perform, exploit, and prepare derivative works of such content in any manner, media, or format now existing or hereafter devised, without any obligation of notice, attribution, or compensation to you. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend a Promotion at any time if fraud, technical failures, or any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, security, or integrity of the Promotion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, in a manner determined by Sponsor to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules.
9. RELEASES. As a condition of entering a Promotion, entrant agrees: (i) to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Promotion or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of a prize; and (ii) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, any punitive, indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (iii) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or the awarded prize(s) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (iv) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event will entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or court costs. By participating in a Promotion and/or accepting a prize, entrant grants to Sponsor, the other Promotion Entities, and each of their respective designees the absolute right and license to use, publish, post, and/or display his/her name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice, likeness, and/or other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Promotion Entities’ sole discretion) in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
10. GENERAL. Sponsor’s failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event of any conflict with any Promotion details contained in these Official Rules and Promotion details contained in an Entry Announcement or other Promotion-related materials, these Official Rules shall prevail. In the event that any provision herein is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s employees are not authorized to waive, modify, or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION AND VENUE. All issues and questions concerning these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with a Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the province of Alberta without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the appropriate state or federal court located in Alberta.
12. NAME OF WINNER(S)/OFFICIAL RULES. For the name of the winner(s) of a Promotion, send a self-addressed, postage-stamped envelope to: Young Living Essential Oils Promotions– Winners’ List Request, Suite 350, 7326 - 10th Street N.E., Calgary, Alberta T2E 8W1, and include the applicable Drawing Date or the end date of the respective Promotion. For a copy of these Official Rules, print out these pages or send a self-addressed, postage-stamped envelope to: Young Living Essential Oils Promotions– Official Rules Request, Suite 350, 7326 - 10th Street N.E., Calgary, Alberta T2E 8W1. Only one request of either type, mailed separately, will be fulfilled.
Promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Instagram.