Recently, I had the privilege of sitting down with Young Living’s vice president of research and development, Dr. Cole Woolley, to learn more about our new Hong Kuai essential oil. With the highest sesquiterpene content of any Young Living essential oil, Hong Kuai is like inhaling liquid confidence. It also supports an increase in spiritual awareness and inspires clarity, intuition, and action. First introduced as part of our 2013 Exotic Oils Collection, Hong Kuai is now permanently available as a 5-ml single oil.
Hong Kuai (Chamaecyparis formosensis) is a treasured tree found high atop the steep mountain rainforests of Taiwan. Hong Kuai trees typically live 1,000–2,000 years, with every tree ring having its own deposit of that year’s essential oil. Hong Kuai’s lasting, sesquiterpene-rich, woody aroma makes it a sacred lumber for building temples and shrines; its name in Chinese means “the respected trees for the temple-building society.”
- Diffuse to create confidence and a positive emotional outlook.
- Put a drop in your sacred books, writings, or journal to promote inspiration.
- To boost confidence, inhale or apply topically to temples or heart before you meet with clients or host a sharing party.
- Add a drop to a handkerchief and inhale the scent during a stressful meeting.
- Add a drop to your wallet or purse to help boost confidence everywhere you go.
- Men: Mix 2 drops of Hong Kuai, 1 drop of Ylang Ylang, and 2 drops of Idaho Blue Spruce; use as a gentle, yet empowering, cologne for greater confidence and perseverance.
As always, we would love to hear from you. Leave a comment and tell us how you use Hong Kuai essential oil.
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Vitassage Package Winners!
Congratulations to Teri Rutter and Talfino, winners of the Vitassage prize packages from our December 6 blog post. Please send an e-mail with your name and mailing address to email@example.com to claim your Vitassage prize package.