When the mercury soars, we look for ways our DIY essential oil blends can help us beat the heat. Whether we’re using refreshing sunny scents that lift our spirits or woodsy aromatic tones that remind us of cool forest glades, the right essential oil diffuser recipe can be the perfect match for longer days and warmer temperatures. Find your new favorite summer blend in the recipes below—they’re all for a 12-drop diffuser, so adjust accordingly for your diffuser’s size.
Make summer last as you gather friends around the bonfire and enjoy lengthy nights that remind you of a sun that barely sets, cool lakes, and cabin retreats. These fresh, woodsy aromatics will bring just the right amount of cool, solstice-inspired calm to your home or office.
- 1 drop Blue Cypress essential oil
- 6 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 3 drops Blue Spruce essential oil
- 2 drops Clary Sage essential oil
Squeeze the day
Bright, citrusy scents invigorate and refresh any environment. Use this essential oil diffuser blend to wake up your senses on languid afternoons or get an energizing start to the day by diffusing it first thing in the morning.
- 2 drops Jade Lemon essential oil
- 2 drops Myrrh essential oil
- 3 drops Citrus Fresh™ essential oil blend
- 3 drops Tangerine essential oil
- 2 drops Juniper essential oil
Good, clean sun
- 5 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 drop Ravintsara essential oil
- 1 drop Eucalyptus Globulus essential oil
Reminiscent of a day at the beach, this essential oil diffuser blend might have you checking for sand between your toes and salt in your hair. When a vacation to the beach is too many weeks away, this blend of uplifting aromas will tide you over.
- 3 drops Lime essential oil
- 5 drops Sacred Sandalwood essential oil
- 2 drops Lemon Myrtle essential oil
- 2 drops Orange essential oil
A midsummer night’s dream
- 5 drops Citronella essential oil
- 2 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 2 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 3 drops Geranium essential oil
A bloom of one’s own
- 5 drops Jasmine essential oil
- 4 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 2 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop Idaho Balsam Fir oil
We love taking our favorite parts of summer and making the most of them with essential oils. Did you know that you can incorporate these blends into your beauty routine as well? Learn how to turn these seasonal blends into a DIY perfume and a DIY lotion bar to keep these summery aromas with you all day!