Summer Acai Bowl with Lemon Essential Oil
Jump to recipe
Summer is in full swing which means it’s the perfect time to switch those heavy breakfasts for something sweet, cold, and healthy! Learn how to make your very own acai bowl from home and save yourself a trip to your local cafe. Best of all, they are quick and easy to make.
Acai berries are high in antioxidants and make a great base for smoothie bowls. They are naturally tart so you’ll need to sweeten them with fruit, bananas add a lot of sweetness and if you like try adding a little maple syrup, honey or agave syrup to taste. The Lemon essential oil adds a bright taste – you’ll want to keep it on hand for almost anything you whip up!
TIP You can use any combination of fruit, berries, nuts, seeds, chia seeds, dried fruit, chocolate chips, granola and other dried cereals that you enjoy to top your acai bowls. Try adding a little dairy or coconut yoghurt. Get creative!
You can also add a shot of NingXia Red into your Acai Bowl to provide a whole-body nutrient infusion!
NOTE You’ll need approx. 100gm of frozen acai puree (allowed to thaw under warm running water for a minute or two). You can find frozen acai packages in the freezer section of your health food store and many major markets.
- 2 packages frozen unsweetened acai puree (approx. 100gm)
- 1 large banana (frozen in pieces)
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup coconut milk, almond milk, fruit juice or coconut water
- 1 – 2 tbsp maple syrup, agave syrup or honey (optional, to taste)
- 2 – 4 drops lemon oil (to taste)
- fresh banana slices
- raspberries, blueberries or other berries (frozen or fresh)
- ½ - 1 cup granola or crunchy cereal, of choice
- Place the simi-thawed acai puree in a blender or food processor with the frozen banana pieces, blueberries, coconut milk, maple syrup and lemon oil and blend until well combined. The mixture will be pretty thick like soft serve ice cream, you can make it thinner if you like by adding a little more liquid. You will need to turn the blender on and off and few times and scrap down the sides once or twice to ensure everything is mixed well. If you are using a food processor also scrap down the sides. Taste and add a little more sweetener and lemon oil, if desired.
- Divide the acai mixture between 2 bowls (or if making only one bowl reserve the second portion for a bowl the next day).
- Top with banana slices, berries and granola in any pattern you like or just scatter everything on top and enjoy!
© 2022 COPYRIGHT (C) 2018 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - YOUNG LIVING
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!