This Strawberry and Lemon Cheesecake recipe is really yummy and easy to make. You can always substitute and use other fruit to suit your taste such as raspberries, which are also really delicious in this recipe. To make the mini cheesecakes, silicone cupcake moulds work great. You can also use this recipe to make one cheesecake using a spring-form pan or you can use a baking dish and just scoop out pieces.
Lemon essential oil can add a bright, dynamic flavour to many dishes. Its versatility in sweet and savoury recipes is what makes this fruit a popular item in kitchens around the world.
TIP Maple syrup gives a great flavour, but you can also use for honey, agave syrup or date syrup, if you prefer.
NOTE For the filling you’ll need to soak the cashews ahead of time for at least 1 – 2 hours. After soaking the cashews rinse them and drain well before blending. Soaking the cashews helps to soften them so that when you blend them, they create a very creamy consistency.
Soaking the dates in warm water for approx. 10 – 15 minutes makes them easier to blend.
- Crust Ingredients
- 1½ cups roughly chopped dates
- ½ cup roughly chopped almonds or cashews (if you prefer nut-free use ½ cup more dates)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 drops Lemon essential oil (to taste)
- Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 2 cups raw soaked cashews
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey (to taste)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 – 6 drops Lemon essential oil (to taste)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (approx. 6 – 8 strawberries)
- Strawberries for slicing (optional)
- 1. In a food processor, blend all the crust ingredients together until a sticky dough forms.
- 2. Press the crust into the bottom of silicone cupcake moulds, then place in the fridge to set while you make the cheesecake filling.
- 3. To make the filling, blend together all the filling ingredients except for the strawberries in a food processor or high-speed blender until smooth and creamy. You may add more sweetener and/or Lemon essential oil to taste and blend again.
- 4. Spoon half the mixture (leaving the rest to make the strawberry layer) into the cupcake moulds and smooth leaving room in each mold for the pink strawberry layer.
- 5. Add the sliced strawberries into the remaining filling mixture and blend until smooth. Spoon the strawberry layer on top of the first layer, smooth the top, add strawberry slices, if using and place in the freezer to set for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- 6. When ready to serve, remove the cheesecakes from the moulds, let them thaw for 5 – 10 minutes and then enjoy! Cover any remaining cheesecakes and keep frozen until needed.
Leave A Comment