From your head to your toes and everything in between, protein is a necessary component of every cell in the body. Your body uses protein to build and repair tissue, and it is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. Your hair and nails are almost exclusively made of protein. Clearly, protein is indispensable—both in your body and in your diet.
Along with fat and carbohydrates, protein is a macronutrient, meaning that the body needs relatively large amounts of it. Vitamins and minerals, which are only needed in small quantities, are called micronutrients. But unlike fat and carbohydrates, the body does not store protein and, therefore, has no reservoir to draw on when it needs a new supply.
Eat for Health, Australian Dietary Guidelines eating snacks rich in protein throughout the day could aid how your body uses this essential nutrient.
How much Protein do I need?
Exactly how much protein you need changes with age. National Health & Medical Research Council for Australia & New Zealand, here are a few guidelines for daily protein intake, according to age:
- Adult men: about 56 grams
- Adult women: about 46 grams
Benefits & Features of Pure Protein Complete™!
The multi-nutrient shake delivers 25.7 grams of protein per serving, and contains, 100% of your recommended daily intake of Zinc and 50% of your recommended daily intake of Thioman, Riboflavin, Niacin, Panthothenic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Biotin.
- Multi-nutrient shake
- Formulated supplementary sports food
- 25g of protein per serving
- 3 different protein sources: whey, pea & egg proteins
- Six different amino acids
- Vanilla Spice or Chocolate Deluxe flavours
- Formulated with Orange essential oil
- No added caffeine
Laura Csortan our Wellness Ambassador, road tested Pure Protein Complete in Chocolate Deluxe!
“Pure Protein Complete is my favourite protein powder as it is made from clean ingredients. I enjoy making a protein shake after workouts or to create a delicious protein rich ice cream. It gives me more energy and my skin, hair and nails look so healthy!
Just add 2 heaped scoops to 200 mls of cold water and shake. Plus the Chocolate Deluxe flavour only 179 calories per serving. The multi-nutrient shake delivers 25.7 grams of protein per serving and contains Zinc, Potassium, Calcium, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin and Vitamin B6.” says Laura.
Try our delicious Chocolate Protein Ice Cream (Prep Time: 5 minutes)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 scoop of Pure Protein Complete™ in Chocolate Deluxe
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew OR almond milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Add bananas, Pure Protein Complete ™ Chocolate Deluxe, cashew or almond milk, and cocoa powder to your blender and blend for 1-2 minutes. Place mixture in freezer for 1 hour. Scoop and enjoy!
How can I get more protein in my diet?
Here are 10 quick and easy snacks that offer protein! Try adding some of these to your daily routine to give your diet a delicious boost of protein:
1. Greek yogurt topped with toasted almonds: 17 grams of protein per 170-gram container of non-fat Greek yogurt
2. Hummus and capsicum slices: 6 grams of protein per 1/4 cup hummus and half a red pepper
3. Cottage cheese topped with dried wolfberries: 27 grams of protein per 1 cup of cottage cheese and 2 tablespoons of wolfberries.
4. New Pure Protein Complete™ in Vanilla Spice or Chocolate Deluxe: 25 grams of protein per serving
5. Deli roll-up: a slice of tomato, lettuce, and thin slices of red bell pepper with a squirt of mustard, all wrapped in a slice of turkey: 12 grams of protein per 2 roll-ups
6. Hard Boiled egg: 6 grams of protein per egg
7. Almond butter with celery sticks or apple slices: 8 grams of protein per 2 tablespoons almond butter and 1 apple or 2 celery stalks
8. Steamed edamame: 4 grams of protein per 1/2 cup of edamame
9. Raw almonds: 5 grams of protein per 20 almonds
10. Roasted chickpeas: 7 grams of protein per 1/2 cup of chickpeas
What are some of your favourite ways to incorporate protein into your daily diet? Let us know your quick snack and meal ideas in the comments!
Leave A Comment