Pumpkin and Zucchini Loaf Frittata with Maple Bacon
Jump to recipe
Are you looking to elevate your brunch game or perhaps add a delicious twist to your light lunches? Look no further! This Pumpkin and Zucchini Loaf Frittata with Maple Bacon is a culinary masterpiece that strikes the perfect balance between savoury and sweet, making it an ideal choice for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a weekend brunch with the girls or craving a light lunch, this recipe is a guaranteed hit.
To kick off this culinary adventure, cook the pumpkin in advance. While roasting enhances its caramelised flavour, steaming is a viable option if you prefer a different approach.
1 hour, 25 minutes
- * 2 cups (approx. 350gm) pumpkin, peeled and diced into 2cm cubes
- * 2 eggs, beaten
- * ½ cup milk of choice
- * 1 drop parsley essential oil
- * 1/3 cup melted butter, coconut oil, or olive oil
- * 1½ cups self-rising flour or preferred self-raising option
- * 1 tsp sea salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- * 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- * 1 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- * ½ cup finely chopped parsley and/or coriander
- * 6 pieces (approx.) maple-glazed streaky bacon
- Optional for Serving:
- * Tomato relish
- * Mixed green salad
- * Toast
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Drizzle the pumpkin cubes with melted butter, coconut oil, or olive oil. Roast for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through. Let it cool while you move on to the next steps.
- 2. Line the baking loaf pan with baking paper, ensuring some hangs over the sides for easy removal post-baking.
- 3. In a medium-large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, and parsley oil. In a separate large bowl, combine flour and sea salt. Pour in the egg mixture and stir until just combined.
- 4. Add cheese, zucchini, parsley, and the reserved roast pumpkin. Gently stir until combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Arrange bacon on top, ensuring it fits.
- 5. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 6. Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a serving plate. Lift it using the overhanging baking paper, remove the paper, and cut slices. Serve with tomato relish, parsley, and a mixed green salad if desired.
© 2023 COPYRIGHT (C) 2018 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - YOUNG LIVING
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!