Need a quick snack? These healthy bliss balls are the perfect snack all week long!
Chef Kate’s TIP: Citrus oils can be added a little more freely, but still add a few of drops to start, taste and add more if desired. Always mix your oils in well. You may decide that the balls are sweet enough with just the dates and omit the honey, if desired.
- ½ cup almonds, walnuts or macadamia nuts
- 8 dried organic apricots, roughly chopped
- 10 pitted dates, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- ½ cup tahini or almond spread
- 1 – 2 tbsp honey, maple syrup or agave syrup (optional, to taste)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- dash of sea salt (optional)
- 8 drops culinary lemon oil (to taste)
- In a food processor or Thermo mix, place the nuts, chopped apricots, chia seeds and chopped dates and process stopping and starting a few times until they are coarsely chopped.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and process stopping and starting a few times until the mixture is combine well. Pick up a little of the mixture and try rolling it into a ball. If it is to crumbly you may need to add a little more tahini or almond spread and process again.
- Then taste the mixture and add a little more lemon oil if desired and mix.
- Roll the mixture into balls and then dip in dedicated coconut, chill and serve.
- You can also line a baking tin or baking dish (or a few depending on the size of your containers) with baking paper then press the mixture into the pan about 10cm thick/high.
- Sprinkle with coconut and press down gently to help adhere the coconut. Chill and cut into pieces and serve or refrigerate for up to 1 week and freeze well covered for up to one month.
Love this recipe? Find more Chef Kate Recipes on the blog!
Let us know your favourite Chef Kate recipe in the comments below: –