Salad with Lemon & Rosemary Vinaigrette
The perfect summer Christmas salad to serve! Great as a light meal or a share plate at BBQ’s or dinner parties. The Lemon and Rosemary vinaigrette brings out all the flavours in the salad.
Chef Kate TIP: The rosemary dressing recipe makes more than enough for this salad. Keep in a screw-top jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Shake before serving. If you have more guests just add more salad greens, beetroot and fetta. I like using a mixture of mixed leaf salad, spinach and rocket.
NOTE: You can buy pre-cooked beetroot and slice to save time. Try adding some cooked chicken or cooked prawns to this salad to make it a main dish. You can also add some of favourite chopped veggies too like capsicum, cucumbers, tomatoes and zucchini.
Toothpick Method: Dip a clean toothpick in your oil bottle and swirl it around a little to coat with oil then swirl the toothpick into the olive oil. Gently stir to incorporate the oil, taste and repeat if desired with a clean toothpick.
Beetroot and Fetta Summer Salad with Lemon & Rosemary Vinaigrette
• 2 medium beetroots
• a swirl of rosemary oil
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• sea salt and pepper (to taste)
• ½ cup [wolfberries (goji berries)|https://www.youngliving.com/en_AU/products/dried-wolfberries-453g-gst-free
• 3 cups mixed lettuce leaves
• 1 cup baby spinach leaves
• 1 cup baby rocket
• ½ cup pumpkin seeds (raw or roasted)
• ½ cup walnut pieces (raw or toasted)
• 1 cup crumbled fetta
• fresh herbs leaves (parsley, mint and/or cilantro)
• microgreens (optional)
• Lemon and Rosemary Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
Lemon Rosemary Vinegarette
• ½ cup olive oil
• ¼ cup lemon juice
• ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
• ½ tsp sea salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
• a swirl of rosemary oil (use toothpick method)]
1. Peel the beetroot and cut into round slices or cubes and then cook by either steaming or boiling until cooked through. Once cooked set them aside to cool. (You can also peel them and cook them whole and when cooled slice the beetroot in round slices or cubes).
2. In a small bowl swirl the rosemary oil (using the toothpick method) into the olive oil, taste and repeat if desired. Then drizzle the beetroot with the rosemary olive oil mixture and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper Set a side or chill until you are ready to assemble the salad.
3. Soak wolfberries in 1 cup water for 10 minutes to soften, then drain well and set aside until ready to plate the salad.
4. When ready to serve place the mixed lettuce on a large platter or in a bowl and drizzle with dressing and gently mix through the lettuce leaves. Then top with the beetroot, wolfberries, seeds, nuts and fetta and drizzle with a little more dressing. Sprinkle with herb leaves and microgreens, if using.
5. You can also add your favourite veggies and a little cooked chicken or prawns, if desired.
Lemon and Rosemary Vinaigrette
This light and tasty dressing is wonderful over salad greens and goes great drizzled over steamed veggies too. The rosemary adds a lovely woodsy note to the vinaigrette.
Chef Kate TIP: For a creamy dressing add ¼ cup of mayonnaise to the recipe below.
Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk them together. Taste and add a little more salt, lemon juice, honey and/or another swirl of rosemary oil, if desired.
COPYRIGHT (C) 2018 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - YOUNG LIVING
You may also like to try Chef Kate’s Mini Pavlovas with Tangerine Cream The Tangerine adds a lovely citrus burst to the cream.
Let us know your favourite culinary oil recipe in the comments below: