Whether you’ve been oil-obsessed for five minutes, five months, or five years, every drop of knowledge you gain about essential oils is as precious as the oil itself. You’ve already answered some important questions:
- How do I use essential oils?
- Do essential oils actually work?
- What essential oils are best for beginners?
- What are the most popular essential oils?
But how do you go from newbie to pro? One thing is for sure- every expert has two things in common: They master the basics and then they take it to the next level. Ready? Get set. Let’s learn!
Master the basics
You use Blue Tansy essential oil for its buzzworthy skin results, but did you know it’s great for a massage? It’s hard to beat an hour of relaxation that’s also working to conquer flare-ups.
You use Lemongrass essential oil for its sunny scent, but did you know it’s a skin-cleansing superstar? Nobody’s got time for skin care products that smell awful. That’s why we’re big fans of this essential oil’s bright scent and even brighter results!
- Put a drop of Lemongrass oil into your morning skin cleanser.
- Make a DIY toner: Add 3 ounces of witch hazel and 15 drops of Lemongrass to a glass spray bottle. Spray on a cotton ball and swipe over your whole face.
You use Myrrh essential oil for its scent’s ability to keep you centered, but did you know it’s just the problem solver you need for dry, chapped skin? Now that you’ve got smooth skin and a serene outlook, you can conquer anything!
- Add 2 drops of Myrrh oil to a dime-sized amount of jojoba oil and massage into scalp.
- Enhance body care products like your favorite lotion with a bit of Myrrh.
You use Cedarwood essential oil for its thirst-quenching abilities on your skin and hair, but did you know it’s a natural deodorizer? Expand your uses for Cedarwood beyond the vanity cabinet and treat your house with this sweet, woodsy fragrance.
- Add several drops of Cedarwood to a cotton ball and hide it anywhere that needs a bit of freshening up- trash cans, shoe closets, gym bags, and more.
You use Tangerine essential oil for its swoon-worthy skin benefits, but did you know its calming scent is just the trick for winding down before bed? After working so hard for grail-status skin, you deserve the perfect night’s rest!
- Diffuse Tangerine with Lavender in your little one’s bedroom during story time.
- Make a pillow mist with 4 ounces of distilled water and 10-15 drops of Tangerine
- A top pick to promote spiritual awareness, reach for Hong Kuai each time you say prayers of gratitude or reflect on your day with meditation.
- Incredibly stimulating and motivating, Hyssop’s aroma is a powerhouse diffuser companion when it comes to dreaming up life-changing goals and finding the strength to accomplish them!
- Ease the tension by applying Ravintsara mixed with fractionated coconut oil on your chest. Don’t forget to breathe deep!
- An after-dinnertime must, Xia Mao not only freshens the air, but it clears the air too as its aroma helps everyone have an enlightened mind.
Ready to take your essential oil expert status to total genius? Read about 13 creative ways you didn’t know you can use essential oils and 10 legit uses for essential oils that sound fake.