Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanoides) has a heavy, earthy fragrance similar to patchouli with a touch of lemon. Vetiver oil is psychologically grounding, calming, and stabilizing. One of the oils that is highest in sesquiterpenes, vetiver was studied by Dr. Terry Friedmann for improving children's behavior. Vetiver may help when coping with stress and to recover from emotional trauma and shock. Vetiver has an approximate ORAC of 742,792 (TE/L). TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
These products are only available to purchase by Young Living members. To become a Young Living member click on the "Become a Member" link at the top of this page.
* All prices shown include VAT. Shipping charges not included.
- Has an earthy, balancing aroma
- Aromatic features promote a focused environment and a calm, relaxing atmosphere
- Eases occasional restlessness as part of a bedtime routine
- May help appearance of even skin tone
- Includes the naturally occurring constituents isovalencenol, khusimol, and beta-vetivone
- Dilute Vetiver’s earthy aroma with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and diffuse it around the house or in your office to promote a focused environment.
- Add 5–10 drops of Vetiver to your hot bath for a relaxing, calming aroma to ease occasional restlessness as part of your bedtime routine.
- Add a few drops of Vetiver to V-6 and massage it on skin for a dual benefit: a calming aroma and the appearance of an even skin tone.
- Combine V-6, 3 drops of Lavender, and 2 drops of Vetiver for a calming diffuser blend that’s perfect for a relaxing evening after a long day of work.
- Free your mind for an important project in a study or den with its relaxing, welcoming fragrance.
- Set the mood for sleep by filling your bedroom with its grounding, soothing aroma.
- Treat yourself to a spa-like retreat by infusing your bathroom with its exotic scent.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily