Today Myrrh oil is valued around the world, but anciently it was popular in the Middle East and Mediterranean. In fact, Myrrh’s name comes from the Arabic word murr, meaning bitter, because of its sharp taste. The oil is now recognized for its beautifying properties and grounding aroma, and Myrrh essential oil is common in cosmetic and aromatic industries.
Myrrh oil comes from the steam distillation of the red-brown resin of trees in the genus Commiphora. Because of its earthy, sweet aroma and luxurious properties, Myrrh oil uses include skin care and aromatic applications. Its calming, complex aroma brings a deeper sense of spirituality to practices such as yoga and meditation, and its moisturizing and cleansing properties have made it popular in high-end skin care and beauty products.
Myrrh essential oil uses
- Use in your skin care products to experience its rich fragrance and moisturizing properties.
- Include a few drops in a steamy bath to enjoy its relaxing aroma.
- Diffuse throughout your home for unique and calming aroma.
- Add a few drops to your shampoo or scalp treatment to enjoy the oil’s moisturizing benefits.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
These products are only available to purchase by Young Living members. To become a Young Living member click on the "Become a Member" link at the top of this page.
* All prices shown include VAT. Shipping charges not included.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.