Formerly known as Idaho Balsam Fir, this Young Living fan favourite is back with a new name: Idaho Grand Fir! The oil, aroma, and benefits are unchanged, offering a woodsy, refreshing aroma reminiscent of a freshly cut Christmas tree. These beautiful fir trees are commonly used in the United States as Christmas trees and are native to the Pacific Northwest.
Young Living’s Idaho Grand Fir comes from the Young Living Highland Flats Tree Farm and Distillery in Naples, Idaho. Every year Young Living members participate in the annual Winter Harvest, allowing them to experience our Seed to Seal® quality commitment firsthand and be a part of distilling this oil directly from nature.
Disclaimer: Please note that this product is still transitioning to new packaging; once the current stock of Idaho Balsam Fir has been depleted, it will switch over to Idaho Grand Fir.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
These products are only available to purchase by Young Living members. To become a Young Living member click on the "Become a Member" link at the top of this page.
* All prices shown include GST. Shipping charges not included.
For 25 years our Seed to Seal® quality commitment has been both a promise to you and a reflection of our sense of global stewardship and accountability. We believe you want only the best for your family and yourself—products that are genuine, free from harmful synthetics, and of unmatched purity. Our proprietary Seed to Seal promise is our pledge to you, the earth, and ourselves that Young Living products will be the best available, now and always.
Seed to Seal and its three pillars—Sourcing, Science, and Standards—are infused into every aspect of our exacting essential oil production processes, both on our own farms and our carefully curated family of partner farms. Seed to Seal is infused into our painstaking quality testing and retesting to ensure that your family enjoys the purest essential oil products on the planet. Ultimately, Seed to Seal is infused into everything we do. We know that for us—and for you—simply nothing else will do.
- Offers a refreshing experience when combined with R.C™and applied to the chest and neck.
- Soothes tired, fatigued muscles when combined with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex or Ortho Ease® and used during massage.
- Soothes the skin and smooths the appearance imperfections when combined with Lavender essential oil and applied topically.
- Increases spirituality when used during meditation.
- Offers an aroma that creates a relaxing and stress-free environment.
- Contains the constituents beta-pinene alpha-pinene, camphene and beta-phellandrene.
- 100 percent pure, Seed to Seal-certified Grand Fir essential oil from Idaho, USA.
- Combine with Cool Azul® Sports Gel to soothe tired, fatigued muscles.
- Diffuse to enjoy a cleansing aroma.
- Diffuse for a grounding, relaxing and calming atmosphere.
- Diffuse outdoors for an annoyance- free atmosphere.
- Pair with Copaiba, Frankincense and PanAway.
- Apply or diffuse during yoga or meditation.
- Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly to the desired area.
- Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed..
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Get to Know
Why change the name if the oil is the same? Until now the closest registered scientific name for the oil was Abies balsamea (Balsam Fir). Recently, however, the Personal Care Products Council approved the use of the scientific name Abies grandis (Grand Fir) for use on the label.
Frequently Asked Questions
Idaho Grand Fir is labeled for topical and aromatic use only and is not intended for internal consumption. Always follow individual label instructions for Young Living products.
The top constituents of Idaho Grand Fir are betapinene, alpha-pinene, camphene and beta-phellandrene.
No, dilution is not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as directed on the label.