It’s our 25th anniversary! To celebrate, we’re sharing 25 reasons to join Young Living. Whether you’re drawn by our unparalleled commitment to quality or the opportunity to start a sustainable business, we’ve got plenty of reasons for you to become part of the YL family! Here you’ll find all the facts, from the innovative science behind what we do to the global service efforts of our foundation. Begin at the beginning or zero in on our zero-waste goals — no matter where you start, you’ll end up loving Young Living!
Table of Contents
Young Living History and Accomplishments
Young Living is the original essential oil marketing company. For 25 years we’ve inspired wellness, purpose, and abundance by distilling nature’s greatest gifts into high-quality essential oils. As the industry leader, we set the standard with our proprietary Seed to Seal
quality commitment. These guiding principles help Young Living protect the planet and provide pure, authentic products that our members can feel confident about using and sharing with friends and family. Insert jump link to High-Quality Essential Oils section
1. Founded in 1994, we’ve been an essential oil and network marketing leader for 25 years
a.In 1989 Young Living Founder D. Gary Young planted his first lavender seeds on a quarter acre in Spokane, Washington. Five years later Gary and Mary Young moved their company, Young Living Essential Oils, to Riverton, Utah, then to its permanent home in Lehi, Utah. Fueled by a growing demand for high-quality essential oils, Young Living designed and built the largest, most technologically advanced essential oil distillery in North America and currently has many corporate-owned and partner farms across the globe. The company has since grown to become the world leader in essential oils and wellness solutions.
2. 26 global offices and Experience Centers and multiple distribution centers that ship to more than 150 countries
Our offices span five continents, and we have farms on every continent but Antarctica.
3. More than 600 life-changing products
More than 270 essential oils and blends brought to you through our Seed to Seal quality commitment
60+ Savvy Minerals makeup products for beauty without compromise
Special product lines for personal care, wellness, kids, babys, men and pets
25+ Thieves home cleaning solutions to turn your home into a sanctuary where wellness begins
4 Exceeding US$1 billion in sales each year since 2015, with continued growth exceeding US$1.5 billion since 2017
Over 1 million new members in 2018 for a total of more than 6 million members worldwide
5. 23 corporate-owned and partner farms
The Bella Vista Farm is the newest addition to the Young Living family. Located in Reggio Calabria, Italy, the farm produces Bergamot essential oil.
In 2018 the Vida de Seville Distillery in Spain and Labbeemint Partner Distillery in Washington state joined Young Living’s partner farms. Vida de Seville supplies Cistus, Frankincense, and Myrrh essential oils; Labbeemint provides Young Living with Peppermint and Spearmint.
Young Living has corporate-owned and partner farms all over the world, including in Canada, Ecuador, Oman, the Philippines, Taiwan, Australia, France, Spain, Italy, Bulgaria, Croatia, and South Africa. We have plans to develop at least five new farms and/or partner farms each year until 2024.
6. 3,300+ global employees dedicated to the Young Living mission, vision, and values
Our vision is simple: bring Young Living essential oils to every home in the world. Combine that vision with our mission, purpose, and values shared by members and employees—quality, sustainability, integrity—and you have a company leading the charge of a global wellness revolution.
Recently voted the best company to work for in Utah, Young Living boasts award-winning media, design, and communications teams. You’ll also find award-winning Percheron horses at the Young Living Lavender Farm and Distillery in Mona, Utah.
Benefits of Becoming a Young Living Member
As a Young Living member, you’re on a path to a different lifestyle—one with the potential to earn free products, the freedom to transform your financial future, and the opportunity to bring life-changing solutions to homes around the world. Dive in and take advantage of extensive networking opportunities, exclusive hands-on experiences, and a strong sense of community.
Young Living Compensation Plan
7. More than 89 percent of our global members join simply to buy our products and aren’t required to build a YL business
At Young Living, it’s about the people and the product, not the profit. “I want everyone to focus on the caring and sharing with people, not the caring and sharing of money.” – Young Living Founder D. Gary Young.
8. Low start-up cost and no inventory requirements
Our Premium Starter Kits are a quick and cost-effective way to set yourself up for success!
9. has one of the most generous compensation plans in the industry. Check out our most recent Worldwide Income Disclosure Statement for your earning potential statistics
10. Paid commissions amount to nearly 50 percent of all PV-commissionable sales!
In 2018 we paid approximately $800 million in commissions to our members worldwide.
High-Quality Essential Oils
At Young Living, we celebrate the harmony between nature, body, mind, and soul and infuse it into everything we make. Extracted using various techniques, including steam distillation, resin tapping, and cold pressing, our essential oils are the concentrated essence of powerful botanicals and their benefits. Any time you hold a bottle of Young Living’s essential oils, you hold nature’s pure essence.
11. Our Seed to Seal quality commitment is beyond what competitors and grocery store brands can offer
Sourcing guides the process by which we obtain essential oils from our corporate farms, partner farms, and Seed to Seal-certified suppliers to ensure that our products are of the highest quality. Our Vitality essential oils are Non-GMO Project verified in the U.S. and Canada.
Science guides the formulation and stringent testing of our essential oils and other product ingredients, so we deliver pure, effective essential oils and innovative wellness products that meet our rigorous quality standards.
Standards guides the compliance measures taken throughout our sourcing process to ensure that all domestic and international legal guidelines are adhered to as part of our efforts to protect plant species throughout the world.
12. The D. Gary Young Research Institute is committed to Gary Young’s vision and drive for continuous improvement and innovation
a. The D. Gary Young Research Institute at our Global Headquarters is located front and center on the first floor. The new lab will allow visitors to learn more about the Science pillar of our Seed to Seal® quality commitment and see the Research Institute’s dedication to discovering new technologies, new applications, and new products.
Essential Oil Education
From books and brochures to our YL Share app, we empower our members by giving them the tools and resources they need to educate themselves and others about essential oils. Members and YL fans alike can follow Young Living on Instagram
, and Twitter or check out our blog
to learn more about essential oils.
13. More than 100 free tools in Young Living Central and Virtual Office, including product education presentations, shareable graphics, and resources like our YL Lifestyle booklet, which offers usage tips and information about every product line
a.Our Training and Education Facebook page features Facebook Live events, daily tips and info on our wellness products, and a supportive online community for YL members and fans. We also have a Facebook group where we host online classes on specific topics, from Premium Starter Kits to Thieves cleaning products.
Virtual Office puts YL news, special offers, order history, rank qualifications, and team information at members’ fingertips.
14. Multiple events each year for you to learn and connect with other Young Living members, including education events, the annual International Grand Convention, farm events, recognition retreats, and the quarterly Live Your Passion Rally events in your area
Essential Rewards and YL Go
Essential Rewards (ER) is a program that allows us to give back to our members. When members subscribe to our ER program, they get monthly orders shipped automatically, points they can use toward their favorite products, discounted shipping, loyalty gifts for consecutive orders, and more.
15. Our Essential Rewards program delivers members’ favorite products directly to their doorstep each month
YL members receive monthly shipments of their customized orders. Available exclusively to members, this loyalty program is packed with perks, including access to YL Go, our exclusive shipping subscription service.
16. YL Go and YL Go+ offer fast, easy, and free shipping credits with priority order processing (Region depending)
Young Living’s subscription options offer the convenience and speed of priority handling and deliver our must-have Young Living products to doorsteps faster. Exclusively for our Essential Rewards members, these subscriptions can save more than $120 a year!* *Based on average shipping costs
17. YL’s monthly PV promo allows you to get free, sought-after, and sometimes exclusive products every month with your qualifying order
The D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation
The D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation is committed to empowering individuals to achieve their potential and defy limitations by providing wellness and education opportunities to underserved communities. We envision a world where children have the resources and opportunities necessary to become confident, self-reliant leaders who can take control of their own health, provide for their families, and positively change their communities.
18. Powered by purpose for 10 years through The D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation, established in 2009
The Foundation started empowering lives when the passion and vision of Young Living Founder D. Gary Young led him to build the Young Living Academy in Ecuador—the first of hundreds of Foundation projects and partnerships—in 2009. The first students hit high-school senior age four years ago. Since then we’ve celebrated four graduating classes and counting!
19. 100 percent of all donations directly support Foundation projects. Young Living pays all administrative costs
20. More than 170 charities and causes and over 250,000 individual lives impacted by the work of the Foundation, with a pledge to multiply that number five times by 2024
a.During the 2018 International Grand Convention, the Foundation raised more than $1 million for Hope for Justice to help end modern slavery in Cambodia, Ethiopia, and Uganda. Watch this video to see what else we accomplished in 2018.
b.The Foundation recently celebrated the one-year anniversary of the Healing Faith Uganda Malaria Center and finalized construction of the Yarsa village homes and YL Academy in Nepal.
Other partners and projects include Sole Hope, Healing Faith Uganda, Young Living Academy Ecuador, and Rebuild Nepal, plus local disaster relief and outreach. Click here to see the latest number of lives directly impacted by the Foundation.
Young Living 5×5 Pledge
Young Living has led the modern-day essential oils movement for 25 years—and we’re not done yet. In 2019 we embarked on an unprecedented program with world-changing goals: the 5×5 Pledge. This pledge will redefine our role as industry leaders and elevate Young Living’s positive impact on the earth, communities, and families around the world.
21. Young Living is working toward zero waste by 2024
22. 6 million global members, with a pledge to reach 5 million additional homes by 2024
Young Living truly is a worldwide company. We currently ship to more than 150 countries!
Of the millions of members dedicated to YL, 89.5 percent are Preferred Customers — Young Living members who have never enrolled someone else but purchase product and enjoy member benefits.
23. Five new farms per year until 2024
Learn about the Happy Pili Tree Farm and Distillery in Bicol Region, Philippines, on our Drop of Inspiration podcast! The Happy Pili Farm and Distillery is one of our newest partner farms and produces sustainably sourced, high-quality Elemi essential oil.
24. 5 million more lives impacted through The D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation
25. Five or more new countries opened each year
In early 2019 Young Living established an office and Experience Center in Bogota, Colombia, and we have plans to open at least a half dozen more by year’s end.