When you’re pampering and detoxing your skin with a mask, the last thing you should have to worry about is harsh, synthetic ingredients. Young Living’s exclusive Charcoal Mask is made with naturally derived ingredients to support healthy skin without the synthetic shortcuts. Our Charcoal Mask uses Tahitian volcanic black sand to gently exfoliate for softer, glowing skin, while activated charcoal from China and South Africa absorbs impurities to detox skin, purify pores, reduce the appearance of blemishes, and restore the appearance of an even skin tone. Made with salicylic acid, a blend of fruit-derived alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) and Peppermint essential oil, this mask supports the appearance of softer, brighter and clearer skin and has a tingling action you can feel.
View Charcoal Mask Product Information Page.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
These products are only available to purchase by Young Living members. To become a Young Living member click on the "Become a Member" link at the top of this page.
* All prices shown include GST. Shipping charges not included.
- Made with activated charcoal and a blend of ethically sourced kaolin clays to lift dirt and oil, purify pores, detox skin and help restore the appearance of an even skin tone
- Exfoliates, moisturises and detoxes skin for a smoother, more radiant complexion
- Creates a tingling, tightening sensation to let you know the ingredients are hard at work delivering results you can see and feel (Some may even experience temporary redness, which is normal.)
- Visibly and instantly clears the complexion and provides skin with a smoother texture
- Free of comedogenic oils and formulated specifically for combination to oily skin
- Contains a global blend of natural alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) derived from European bilberries, Argentine lemons, Czech sugar beets, Spanish grapes and more
- Activated charcoal: Sourced from China and South Africa, our activated charcoal absorbs impurities, naturally purifies and detoxes skin, and has powerful adsorptive properties, thanks to its very fine particle size.
- White kaolin clay: Ethically sourced from the United States, our white kaolin clay absorbs excess oil and impurities without stripping the skin of necessary moisture, leaving it matte, soft and radiant.
- Gray kaolin clay: Ethically sourced from Spain, this clay has a rich sulfur content, which helps to control skin imperfections.
- Volcanic black sand: Sourced from Tahiti, this sand is formed from the erosion of basalt volcanic rock. It gently exfoliates the skin, leaving it feeling soft, radiant and glowing.
- Fruit-derived AHAs: This gentle, natural blend of alphahydroxy acids (AHAs) from bilberry, orange, lemon, sugarcane, grapes and sugar maple provides five different targeted acids that safely and gently exfoliate by causing the skin to release dead skin cells for a softer, smoother, more radiant complexion.
- Peppermint essential oil†: Peppermint essential oil contains menthol, which soothes and cools.
- Orange Blossom essential oil blend: Lavender, Patchouli, Lemon and Rosemary essential oils give an invigorating, pleasant citrus aroma.
For oily, combination and normal skin: Cleanse face with a gentle, non-irritating cleanser; then apply a thin layer of the mask to clean face and allow the mask to harden for 5–20 minutes. Once the mask has changed colour and is hard, rinse with warm water or wipe off with a damp cloth to remove. Avoid the eye area, nostrils and lips. Follow with the rest of your skin care routine, including moisturiser to rehydrate.
Use 1–3 times per week.
For dry and sensitive skin: Apply a thin layer of the mask to clean face and allow the mask to harden for 5–10 minutes. Once the mask has changed colour and is hard, rinse with warm water or wipe off with a damp cloth to remove. Avoid the eye area, nostrils and lips. Your skin will likely feel dry after rinsing, so promptly follow with the rest of your skin care routine, including moisturiser to rehydrate.
Use as needed or as a spot treatment.
Due to the exfoliating factor of the AHAs, the natural astringency of Peppermint essential oil and the detoxing nature of kaolin clays and activated charcoal, you will likely experience a tingling sensation. Some may even experience pink or red skin directly after use. This is due to the combination of the clays and charcoal pulling dirt and toxins from the skin, as well as the gently acidic pH of the naturally derived AHAs and the astringent, cooling quality of Peppermint essential oil. It is temporary, normal and means the mask is working.
HOW TO DO A HALF-FACE DEMO
Half-face demonstrations can be a powerful sales and training tool. They allow contacts to see how well a product works, as the untreated skin provides a stark contrast to the treated skin. Half-face demos are perfect for social sharing too.
Frequently Asked Questions
The estimated shelf life is two years.
You should leave it on your face until the mask hardens and turns light gray. This can take anywhere from 5–20 minutes. For sensitive and dry skin, 5–10 minutes is recommended.
Using lukewarm water, rinse the mask until your face is completely clean. You can also use a washcloth soaked in lukewarm water to help remove the Charcoal Mask.
Those with oily, combination and normal skin should use it 1–3 times per week. Those with dry and sensitive skin can use it on an as-needed basis or as a spot treatment.
Yes, that’s definitely normal! Charcoal Mask is made with Peppermint premium essential oil, which gives your skin that cooling sensation. It’s also made with gentle fruit-derived alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) to help brighten, exfoliate and moisturise skin. AHAs, Peppermint essential oil and kaolin clay are known to cause tingling and tightening. Your face may temporarily appear a bit red after use, which is normal for clay masks. If the redness is irritating and doesn’t go away or if you experience any other adverse side effects, discontinue use.
Charcoal Mask is gentle, hypoallergenic and formulated for all skin types. If you have dry skin, be sure to promptly rehydrate your skin with essence, serum and moisturiser, as this mask does tend to be drying due to the detoxifying nature of activated charcoal and kaolin clay.
We do not recommend adding essential oils to the Charcoal Mask prior to use. We have included premium essential oils in this product already, but adding additional essential oils may affect its efficacy.
While Charcoal Mask has been formulated without gluten-containing ingredients, it has not been tested for gluten content.