While the first few months of the new year is a common time to set new goals for the upcoming seasons, you don’t have to feel pressured to add too much to your plate! Whether it’s midwinter or mid-July, it’s always a good time to reflect on how you want to live. We have simple tricks to help you reset your routines, so you can refresh your day-to-day habits year-round!
Ask yourself good questions
Big or small, take some time to think about which routines could run more smoothly in your life. Whether that’s finally finding a permanent home for your keys (so you stop losing them!) or spending more time in nature, figuring out what you want is an important part of setting helpful goals. Keep things grounded — a goal should be a friend that helps you feel fulfilled and stable, not overwhelmed by impossible expectations. Once you know what routine you’re looking to improve, break it down into easy, manageable tasks. If you’re looking for a more detailed approach to setting goals, check out this helpful blog on SMART goals!
Supercharge your health and wellness
- Drink plenty of water, about 2 liters daily
- Get 8 hours of sleep each day
- Eat your fruits and vegetables
- Get your body moving for at least 30 minutes
- Support your body with NingXia Red beverage, getting superfoods into your diet with this super easy, super tasty drink infused with essential oils and a key source of antioxidants.
Create a morning or bedtime routine
Sleep is vital for our brains and bodies to feel happy and healthy, but it’s not always easy to snuggle up and have sweet dreams. Building a morning or bedtime routine can help your snoozing be a little sweeter! Check out these simple tips to get started.
- Get natural light as soon as possible when you wake up. This signals to your brain and body it’s time to wake up.
- Drink water upon waking.
- Center before you consume: While this one doesn’t have anything to do with your natural rhythms, try staying off social media, email, the news, or anything else for the first hour of your day and replace those habits with something grounding or creative, such as meditating, journaling.
- Reduce blue light in the evening. Ideally, turn off all screens at least an hour before bed to signal the brain to start releasing sleep hormones.
- Do the same things every night before bed. Whatever your routine is, sticking to it will help your mind and body wind down!
- Sleep in a cool, dark room. Put up blackout curtains, use a sleep mask, and cover small lights like wall chargers.
Want to start building healthy habits right away? Consider drinking and sharing the nutritious NingXia Red on a daily basis for a vital life ahead!
This post is also available in: Chinese (Traditional)